Assistant Project Manager (Data Center)
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and
work with amazing people who will support your growth? - If you're
ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest
electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from
you. - Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the
United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED
which means you have the opportunity to be a company owner. - It's
one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of
people who care about great work and supporting one another. - For
more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building
quality electrical and communications installations, building value
for clients, and building people within the company. - -
As an -Assistant Project Manager -you'll be responsible for
providing overall administrative and construction support for our
Project Management team. - You're be in the thick of things,
supporting every aspect of a project. - Our team members know their
way around a project and will help mentor you. Additionally, we
have some of the best training in the business where you'll learn
about every aspect of the building process. - Are you ready? -
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of project documentation including
submittals, RFIs and project meeting minutes.
- Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by
the Project Manager including planning and coordinating,
circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project
policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
- Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing)
control logs. Prepare required logs and other project documentation
for construction meetings.
- Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and
- Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors'
- Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner
and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and
- Interacts with Subcontractors to make certain that we have
obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and
- Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date.
- Represent company/project in meetings with client,
- Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned
to area of responsibility.
- Monitor other contractors' activities and progress.
- Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and
establishing Job Files.
- Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project
- Prepares price change orders and project reports and
- -Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or other related
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a construction-related
- Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work
experience that is equivalent.
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and
- Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact
effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up
- Strong attention to details
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management
- Ability to identify and meet customers' expectations and
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others
- 10 - 25%
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - Employment decisions
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, San Jose , Assistant Project Manager (Data Center), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!