Senior Project Manager
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and
work with amazing people who will support your growth? - If you're
ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest
electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from
you. - Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the
United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED
which means you have the opportunity to a company owner. - It's one
of the best places to grow your career and work along side of
people who care about great work and supporting one another. - For
more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building
quality electrical and communications installations, building value
for clients, and building people within the company. - -
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall
direction, completion, and financial outcome for several small to
medium projects or on one very large project. The Senior Project
Manager leads and manages a team of project managers, and assistant
project managers to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
The position proactively develops new business opportunities and
relationships with current and potential customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and
performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put
these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Effectively supervise a staff in the day to day administration
of a job, or supervise two or more Project Managers in their daily
- Train and effectively supervise Project Managers in the company
philosophy and systems
- Negotiate and supervise the preparation of all change orders on
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the
- Train and effectively supervise a Project Assistant in the
maintenance of project required tracking devices.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite
Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on
schedule, and within budgets
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement
corrective measures within company guidelines, and under
- Represent company/project in meetings with client,
- Prepare monthly costing reports
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental
equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company's interest and
simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil
Engineering, Structural Engineering or other related discipline
- PE license a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience in project management, preferably
in electrical construction. Knowledge of construction technology,
scheduling, equipment and methods required.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and Accubid preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others
- 10 - 25%
- General work environment - Due to the variety of work to be
performed, the Sr. Project Manager may be working at a job site or
in the office. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying
environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air
conditioning. May be sitting for long periods, standing, walking,
typing, carrying, pushing, and bending. At a job site, may be
exposed to potentially hazardous conditions.
- Noise level is usually low to medium; can be loud on a job
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - Employment decisions
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, San Jose , Senior Project Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!