Product Manager - (US Remote Working)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Company Description When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed
into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global
education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered
with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and
fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000
academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our
services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback
Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and
ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine,
the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of
colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference
in education. Come join us, and let's make change together. Job
Description The Student Writing Product Manager will help shape how
Turnitin guides students to create their best, original work.
You'll develop the roadmap to help students strengthen their
academic writing and research skills and submit their writing for
instructor feedback, all while leveraging Turnitin's leadership in
integrity and AI. -Our products tend to begin and end with
customers, so you'll be interacting with students and educators to
ensure our solutions solve their problems and unmet needs. In
addition to charting our course, the role includes leading our
teams in building new capabilities to delight customers.
Ultimately, you'll be a key contributor to Turnitin achieving its
mission of ensuring the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improving learning outcomes.This is a highly
cross-functional role, so you'll collaborate with product managers
from the separate offerings and our platform services teams. -
You'll report directly to the Senior Director of Grading & Feedback
and work extensively with peers in UX, Engineering, Data Science,
and Instructional Design.What You'll be Doing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of and integrate Turnitin's
capabilities in integrity, citations, grammar, text-similarity, and
AI into the student writing process
- Focus on closing the feedback loop of how students receive,
use, and respond to automated and instructor feedback.
- Talk to students ad educators and be their voice in our student
writing product decisions.
- Identify market opportunities for our student writing solutions
aligned to our mission and go-to-market strategy
- Identify and understand the problems we are solving for
teachers, administrators, and students
- Dive deep to determine the root cause of challenges, identify
opportunities, and create solutions
- Define, drive, and translate elements of our student writing
strategies into a product roadmap while maintaining visibility and
alignment across the portfolio.
- Work with professional services, support, product writers,
product marketing, and sales to plan and execute go-to-market
- Respond to product questions from internal and external
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a product manager, associate
product manager, or 5+ years experience supporting educators in
product marketing, customer service, professional services, sales,
or sales support functions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence by partnering and aligning with
- Passion for Learning -- the ability to quickly learn about our
markets and products, study client needs and user experience gaps,
and enable our clients' learning success -
- Collaboration -- the ability to develop healthy, productive
relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations,
sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- the ability to organize, define, and deliver work
of high quality on time
- Prioritization -- the ability to balance priority and
investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting
clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with
internal stakeholdersHighly Desired Skills
- Expertise in education or EdTech Additional Information Our
Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improve learning outcomes. -Our Values underpin
everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by - putting educators and learners
at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
on education.Seeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize it's
unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job
ad. - We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the
requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If
you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team! -
-Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Turnitin, San Jose , Product Manager - (US Remote Working), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!