Small Business Relationship Manager, Vice President - Hybrid
Company: Union Bank
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
experience?Discover your opportunity with Union Bank -, a division
of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest
financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients'
best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience
to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're
part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the
world's most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts
with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to
achieve your potential.Join Union Bank, where being inspired is
expected and creating results is rewarded.This is a hybrid
position. There are flexible work from home options available. A
member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in
more detail.Job Summary:The Small Business Relationship Manager is
responsible for independently managing a portfolio of existing
Small Business clients. Regularly contacts existing customers to
fully understand their businesses, goals, strategies, and
challenges. Performs ongoing portfolio management, working with
existing clients to present solutions to meet the client's short-
and long-term financial objectives. Responsible for retention of
the portfolio and generating new product relationships from new and
existing Small Business clients through extensive cross-selling of
various banking products and services. Performs effective financial
analysis and underwriting in the areas of credit, cash flow, and
collateral. A Relationship Manager will manage up to 300 business
client relationships.Major Responsibilities:Client Retention and
- Generates new product relationships from new and existing Small
Business clients, including but not limited to demand
deposit/operating accounts, cash management and payments services,
Business Loans, Business Lines of Credit, Commercial Real Estate
Loans, and various other banking products and services.
- Receives incoming Retail Small Business client referrals from
assigned Retail Branches to identify opportunities to acquire new
business and deepen household relationships through extensive
cross-selling, which includes referring to Commercial Banking
channels, Consumer Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, and
other lines of business.
- Develops and presents effective marketing approaches to client
prospects for new business generation.
- Fosters "One-Team" partnerships with other business lines
ensuring referrals to expand client relationships through targeted
cross-selling satisfy all client financial needs.
- Maintains an active pipeline, which is communicated regularly
to their assigned Retail Branches / Private Banking partners
- Effectively uncovers and assesses prospects' needs and
financial status to provide accurate and suitable credit and other
product advice and recommendations.
- Coordinates with Credit Center and various product specialists
to deliver services to the client.Portfolio Management, Risk
Management, and Client Experience
- Orchestrates and coordinates client needs to ensure the highest
quality of service and maximum financial return for the Bank.
- Coordinates with Credit Center partners and various product
specialists to deliver services to the client.
- Monitors the credit relationship, maintains covenant
compliance, and obtain updated financial information on the
existing loan portfolio.
- Documents and maintains risk-based discussions with borrowers,
recognizes unfavorable trends, and makes appropriate
recommendations to the Credit Executive.
- Completes all KYC, BSA documents accurately and ensures all
customers are compliant with required regulatory documents.
Analyzes business financial data and submits complete credit
packages to the Credit Center for underwriting.
- Clearly communicates the application and credit decision
process; proactively follows up on credit requirements; acts as a
liaison between the Credit Center, other Bank partners, and the
client; and provides recommendations about possible appeals of
- Partners with Credit Center associates for credit underwriting,
processing, closing, and portfolio maintenance.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing with customers to
reach terms that accommodates their needs and is acceptable and
profitable to the bank.Qualifications:Education, Years of
Experience, and Types of Work Experience
- 5+ years of Banking and customer service experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business / Commercial Lending.
- 5+ years of Business Development experience selling to a broad
range of industries.
- Experience with Cash Management and Trade Finance is
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or Economics is
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in using a Risk-Based and Relationship-Based
- Proven track record of business development.
- Strong credit and underwriting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both bank
customers and other associates with excellent written and oral
- Ability to handle multiple requests/customers with high
attention to detail.
- Aptitude for reviewing financial statements and proficiency in
accounting.The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives
and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our
colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender
identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and
military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that
individual's associates or relatives that is protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require
that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other
reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected
for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional
Keywords: Union Bank, San Jose , Small Business Relationship Manager, Vice President - Hybrid, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!