Senior Product Line / Product Line Manager - US Remote
Company: Sunnova Energy
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Brief Description of Sunnova Sunnova is a different kind of
Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners
within the United States and its territories through our network of
local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy Independence TM
and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving
more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive
and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people
focus on thinking beyond traditional limits - and to do that, we
need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of
the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Sr Product Line/Product Line Manager Position
Sunnova is currently looking for an exceptional Sr Product
Line/Product Line Manager to manage emerging products and
technologies for Energy Storage Systems (ESS), EV Chargers, Load
Controllers and other energy management systems for the home. This
role will work closely with our technology partners to identify,
specify, design, develop and test systems to ensure high quality,
cost effective solutions are delivered to our customers. This role
will collaborate with internal Sunnova teams to develop new product
ideas, as well as with external dealers and technology partners to
bring solutions to market. The Sr Product Line/Product Line Manager
should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and
exercise excellent time-management, with a structured approach to
workload, a high attention to detail, and strong analytical
Sr Product Line/Product Line Manager Responsibilities
- Identifies, evaluates and compares technologies and solutions
for solar, storage, load management and EV chargers.
- Collaborates with senior management in developing roadmaps and
technology stacks to support Sunnova's vision and strategy
- Collaborates with sales, operations and supply chain divisions
to ensure right products are launched at the right time.
- Creates detailed customer use cases, technical requirements and
reports associated with renewable systems and solutions.
- Documents end-user use cases and customer experience and
provides feedback to the equipment manufacturers.
- Leads hands-on product pilot installations and market trials to
evaluate new technologies and equipment. Develops and executes
functional tests for new products and technologies.
- Analyzes and documents competitor products and solutions.
- Facilitates product requirements specifications and works
closely with product managers to ensure product features and
functionality of new equipment and technology meet the
- Presents new product designs/recommendations to leadership for
review and approvals.
- Identifies, measures, and improves processes.
- Education required: BS degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum years of experience required: 7 years in
engineering/technology product management/engineering roles
- Experience with and deep understanding of residential solar,
energy storage, inverter and EV charging technologies and
- Application Engineering or Product Management experience in
products and solutions in renewable space.
- Basic marketing experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge in hardware, embedded firmware and mechanical systems
in the renewable space.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the
ability to work across the organization as well as external partner
companies; ability to deliver complex technical presentation to
technical and non-technical audience
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong technical skills
- Open office environment if working in a Sunnova office
- Estimated travel time of 10%
- Houston, TX
- Remote working option for the first 6 months; may consider
long-term remote work arrangement for the right candidate
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted
fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be
contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a
post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if
required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the
information and qualifications provided during the selection
Keywords: Sunnova Energy, San Jose , Senior Product Line / Product Line Manager - US Remote, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!