General Manager-Corporate Fitness
Company: WTS International, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Arch Amenities Group, the leading Spa, Fitness and amenity
management firm, is seeking a General Manager for an upscale
fitness facility in San Jose, CA
Our ideal candidate will have prior success in fitness operations,
managing the budget and finances for a facility as well as driving
fitness membership sales. The ability to personal train and provide
small group fitness training is also highly preferred.
The General Manager manages and oversees the daily operations and
programming of the facility.
Base salary is $85K, plus bonus and commissions. Full benefits
* The General Manager supervises staff and acts as the Manager on
* Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual,
including written policies and procedures for all facility
services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS
International operations template.
* Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly
management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary
of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns
and, with Operations Director's approval, forwards recommended
changes to the client.
* Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll,
in accordance with WTS International policy.
* Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists
through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
* Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or
* Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when
* Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department.
Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
* Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of
a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility
through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes
changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
* Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees
with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary,
fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance
evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination
* Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback
through the use of comment cards and other customer care
techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and
* Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or
guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
* Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure
achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and
* Attends all management functions and meetings associated with
* Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational,
marketing, programming, customer service and financial
* Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include
planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective
* Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility,
placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
* Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner,
utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
* Develops and implements systematic membership programs that
targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
* Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management
* Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a large
* Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE,
AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA
* Strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee
supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming,
and financial management skills
* Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or
a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
* This position required the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb,
bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and
* This position will require the following physical requirements:
fingering, grasping, seeing, visual acuity (near and far) and
* The employee will be required to operate the following tools:
golf clubs, computer, calculator or inventory control devices.
* Hazards include extreme temperatures and wet and humid
conditions. This position will involve working with chemicals,
detergents and cleaners and mechanical equipment.
* Must be able to operate motorized equipment
* Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
* Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
* Excellent customer service skills
* Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties
* Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
* Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
* Personal Training and or certifications associated with the
industry are highly desirable
* Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
* This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel,
crouch, bend, walk, and talk
* The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with
hands and arms
* Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to
maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Keywords: WTS International, Inc., San Jose , General Manager-Corporate Fitness, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!