Sr. Manager, Segments Certification
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Sr. Manager, Segments Certification in San Jose, California,
United States of America at PayPal Job DescriptionAt PayPal
(NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to
participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to
democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless
of background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives.
A customer and employee focused, hands-on full stack engineering
manager, responsible for managing multiple teams and managers who
will be designing, implementing and delivering state of the art
solutions for PayPal from Segments Certification standpoint.
About the Role:A customer and employee focused, hands-on full stack
engineering manager, responsible for managing multiple teams and
managers who will be designing, implementing and delivering state
of the art solutions for PayPal from Segments Certification
standpoint. The primary role is to manage scrum team(s), and be
responsible for the delivery of experiences, services and APIs for
PayPal by certifying the products as per the segment needs. This
position requires background in Software Quality, technical and
people management. The successful candidate will work with other
engineering managers to take care of day-to-day operations of a
Segments Certification team and manage the quality delivery of
programs within schedule.The ideal candidate for the role will be a
combination ofa "seasoned technologist" with strong experience in
building large-scale automation frameworks and solving complex
problems by certifying the distributed solutions. a "customer
champion" who has a flair for building products that delight
customers and grow business presence. a "people leader" who has
keen inclination to attract, groom and develop a talented and
engaged team. a "collaborative partner" willing to build trusts,
relationships and networks across the company to meet business
- Owning concrete outcomes by building and rolling out the
product and technical roadmap for the team.
- Build, nurture, and grow the Quality engineering team to
deliver relevant features and capabilities, while helping them
growth their career at PayPal.
- Be constantly involved in the growth of team members and
provide regular and constructive feedback and coaching as needed.
Handle performance management, compensation decisions, hiring and
talent development processes.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to develop
products that meet high standards of security, scalability,
performance and reliability.
- Work with the product owners, solutions and quality architect,
user experience designers, engineering counterparts across the
company, integration teams and merchant partners to arrive at
best-in-class payments experiences for our merchants and
- Act as a bridge between product and technology teams and marry
business needs with technology solves.
- Tracking business impact of features on a regular basis, and
rely on performance data to make informed decisions about possible
changes or improvements.
- Be a hands-on quality engineering leader, who can help the team
with test plan and use case design and quality architectural
tradeoffs, help with automation frameworks, as well as setting up a
strong quality and delivery pipelines.
- Collaborate with core platform and infrastructure teams to
satisfy the infrastructure needs for payments solutions.
- Enable the team for success by focusing on diversity,
inclusion, collaboration and customer centric mindset.
- Understand the payments business and how technology decisions
impact the business.
- The role may require an annual travel of 2-3 weeks to our
engineering centers world-wide (post pandemic).Thought Leadership
- Building a culture of collaboration, innovation, inclusion and
- Leading by example and inspiring a team of engineers to perform
and deliver to the organizational goals.
- Possess admirable articulation, negotiation and influencing
skills given the level of visibility
- Have strong business and technical vision and the ability to
communicate this vision to multiple stakeholders.
- Be customer focused and passionate about providing world-class
solutions for millions of customers across the world.
- Sense evolving business trends and translate them into needs
into technology solves.
- Have deep conceptual and technological understanding of
contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing,
social networking, Big Data etc.
- Exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills,
hands on programming skills.
- Constantly look out for discovering new value by means of
innovations, new processes, methodology, product capabilities,
patents and more.
- Be willing to represent PayPal and the team within internal and
external forums.Technical Expertise
- Rich experience leading Full Stack software quality teams
working on automation frameworks, UI testing, test plan and test
case development and user interactions for web and mobile,
certifying high performant, secure and scalable back-end
applications, good understanding of deployment methods and various
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale software architecture
and development, and/or high-volume websites and web services.
- Solid understanding of web-scale architectural considerations
such as security, performance, scalability, reliability etc.
- Proven experience in both real-time online transaction
processing systems as well as non-real time asynchronous
- Strong expertise in building automation frameworks and
different automation tools
- Experience in certifying elegant web and mobile
- Experience with REST API's, Web Services, Unit Testing and
- Working experience with databases such as MSSQL/ Oracle
- Exposure and understanding of NoSQL databases and microservices
is a plus.Qualifications
- BSCS plus 15+ years / MSCS plus 12 years of experience in
software design, development and architecture.
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.As part of PayPal's
commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established
in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert
guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19
vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them
to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation
based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them
from being vaccinated.
R0086474 Together, we'll build a world of
economic opportunity.Grow your career with us. Please access our
internal career opportunities while connected to our corporate
network.Questions about a position or an application?
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , Sr. Manager, Segments Certification, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!