NaaS Sales Director, Americas
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Manages a group of sales professionals in one or more of the
Sales Functions (account management, territory sales, vertical
industry, specialties). Responsible for setting the direction and
managing the deliverables of the assigned sales team, and achieving
revenue and expense objectives. Resolves customer problems and
participates in important negotiations with key customers. Where
appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships
externally with clients and internally within company, and partners
with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class
solutions for the customer. Manages the performance of individual
contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent
within the organization.Responsibilities:
- Accountable for business growth, company market share and
- Coordinates all company sales activities in the
- Sets quota and goals for organizations.
- Develops tactics to generate new sales.
- Provides input to team on overall sales strategy, cost
optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review,
asset management, demo sales achievement, etc.).
- Ensures optimum sales coverage through direct and partner sales
resources and different routes to markets.
- Develops sales resources and management talent to ensure a
pipeline of qualified sales talent to support future growth.
Implementation of master pipeline management.
- Builds lasting, consultative relationships with customer
- Proactive change management.
- Coach and support sales teams and leadership in developing key
and/or difficult account opportunities
- Builds long-term growth opportunities using the Account
Business Planning process.
- Develops the consultative, solution selling capability in their
organization to develop compelling business cases to differentiate
and highlight the value of the company's broad portfolio.
- Ensures resource deployment encompasses end-to-end selling
support (solution partners, SA, ISR, resellers, etc)
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the vertical segment and
provides external leadership to industry, community, press.
- Engages Global Business Unit Sales Teams (Specialists, Channel
Partners, and Alliance Partners) to fully leverage all of the
company's products and technology offerings
- Creates and manages resource plan including staffing of country
sales team to ensure pursuit and closure of opportunities, and
perpetuation the existing installed base revenue.
- Balances short term with long term planning and resource
- Demonstrates thought leadership by directing the customer's
application of technology to new business problems.
- Creates a performance driven culture that ensures the company
has the best IT sales force in the industry.Education and
- University or Bachelor's degree, advanced university or
Master's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales and progressive management experience.
- 10-15 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a
market.Knowledge and Skills:
- Strategic Sales Planning & Implementation - Provides input to
the development of strategic sales plans that reflect the company's
business strategy to advance market share/penetration and achieve
- Budget Management & Cost Optimization - Manages within set
spending parameters to protect the company's business and sales
assets, and ensures their effective engagement.
- P&L Management - Sets and manages the business investments
and resource allocations essential to ensuring the financial growth
of business group. Should focus on balance sheet. Optimized
operation to improve balance sheet position.
- Vertical Industry Acumen - Develops and exercises a profound
understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a
basis for informed business decision making.
- Workforce Planning - Executes acquisition and development
strategies targeted to ensuring workforce readiness, and market
- Execution Management - Collaborates effectively with the
company's BUs and value chain partners to ensure operational
responsiveness to challenges, and alignment with business
imperatives. Acts decisively once decision is taken.
- C-Level Partnering - Contributes to enduring executive
relationships that establish the company's consultative
professionalism and promotes its total solution capabilities at the
highest levels of the client's organization. Acts as the escalation
point for customer issues.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy - Uses competitive
intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop
counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on
the customer's buying decisions.
- Solution Selling - Approaches selling from a business solution
perspective to ensure that company products and services accurately
address the client's true business need in terms of type, scope,
- Business and Financial Acumen - Exhibits authoritative business
and financial acumen to develop meaningful business
recommendations; Understands the portfolio aspect of the company's
products/services and how the businesses work together. Understands
the balance sheet drivers of channel partners and balances with
- Change Management - Acts as an advocate for innovation and
change across the organization.
- Problem Solving - Approaches problems in a rational manner
using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and
- Global Presence - Represents the company on global accounts
with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to
the high degree of corporate access and level of responsibility
- Leadership - Able to lead effectively in a complex and
political environment, and deliver results; Able to influence
without direct authority; Able to balance between competing
priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to drive team
performance to best in class; Able to create and build highly
effective sales teams and organization; Able to communicate
effectively across multiple levels in client organizations, the
company and the industry.1117855
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, San Jose , NaaS Sales Director, Americas, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!