Linux Technical Account Manager, AMER
Company: Canonical - Jobs
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionRole DescriptionLinux Technical Account Managers
are key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners, serving
as the assigned engineering and technical escalation point, and are
typically amongst the most experienced members of our Support and
Technical Services teams.This role is an opportunity for a
technologist with a passion for Linux to drive the success of major
customers, leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have
an affinity for open source engineering and a passion for
technology, then you will enjoy building your career with other
some of the best engineers in the industry at Canonical.No two days
are the same in Support & Technical Services. We engage in
interesting problems to solve, constantly pick each other's brains
and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers
to make the most of their Ubuntu systems. We are rapidly expanding
and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for
working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions.Key
- Assume direct responsibility and drive exceptional service on
- Gain understanding of our partner's technical infrastructure
and environment, hardware, and/or product(s).
- Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own
research and involving others across the organisation as
- For assigned accounts manage support escalations and issue
prioritization, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- Contribute new articles and maintain existing knowledge base
- On a rotation basis, be available for on-call support out of
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Capable of mounting a server in top of a standard datacentre
racks.Required Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting Linux systems.
- Experience with OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to application layer, including,
core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following
- Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning,
- Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching,
network file system tuning, etc.)
- Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring,
- Linux integration with other environments
(authentication/directory services, network file systems,
- Experience managing customer relationships through consulting
engagements, account management, or direct support.
- Significant experience with Ubuntu or Debian, able to debug and
act as a generalist when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works
with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world's #1
cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of
free software in the lives of people and organisations. Our
services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve
efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu. We offer:
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working optionCanonical believes a diverse workforce
enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services
which meet the world's computing needs. We are committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified
candidates. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Canonical - Jobs, San Jose , Linux Technical Account Manager, AMER, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!