Strategic Procurement Manager
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live
and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough
technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the
world. How you'll make your mark: Responsible for managing
commodities/categories worldwide, including goods and services that
support the company and its customers. Includes setting category
strategies; supply base development to meet the company and
customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations;
supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes /
resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier
development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost,
assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company
procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve
objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and
meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and
revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing
performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- Manage Buy/Sell Report, including MRP messages, OH and On Order
- Manage Tariff Report and provide plan to mitigate
- Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools
- Participates in Supplier Selection Activities
- May lead activities for less complex domains
- Assesses the supply base of category
- Negotiates and contracts with suppliers
- Engages with low-complexity suppliers
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management,
and operation strategies
- Identifies common contract risk areas
- Advises program level business representatives on fundamental
contract risk areas
- Manage ECO Activity About you: Education and Experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may
have advanced university degree.
- Proven experience in procurement or in asupply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and
- Basic Project Management Skills. Join us and Make your Mark!
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the
shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one
of the world -s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to
provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and
constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and
international work environment, then we definitely want to hear
from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or
directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and
Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions
we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is
representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where
we can continue to innovate and grow together. 1107914 This role
has been designated as 'Edge', which means you will primarily work
outside of an HPE office
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, San Jose , Strategic Procurement Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!