Branch Manager - San Jose
Company: Geary Pacific Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Branch Manager is responsible for making sure that all of
the people working under his/her supervision are operating in
accordance with company guidelines and are consistently meeting the
goals and objectives set for each of them and the branch as a
whole.The Branch Manager's performance will be objectively measured
on the financial performance of the branch and subjectively
measured on how he/she manages themselves and their associates.The
Branch Manager position carries with it a huge amount of
responsibility. You have a responsibility to the Shareholders of
Geary Pacific to protect the company's assets and generate the
planned return on their investment. Without them we wouldn't have
the money necessary to stay in business. You have a responsibility
to the company's customers to ensure their service expectations are
consistently met and exceeded. You have a responsibility to the
company's suppliers to consistently outperform their expectations
of performance. Finally, you have a responsibility to all of the
company's associates to provide the leadership and coaching
necessary to ensure that all associates have the opportunity to
succeed in their career here at Geary Pacific.The Branch Manager
must work in concert with and support:
- Credit Management
- Inventory Management
- Product Management
- Training & Technical Support
- Human Resources
- Sales & Marketing
- Operations ManagementResponsibilities:Provide Leadership in all
essential Branch Activities:
- Profit Management
- Personnel Management
- Sales Management
- Customer Service Management
- Facilities Management
- Product Merchandising
- Warehouse Management
- Fleet ManagementResponsibilities:The Branch Manager position is
probably best described as a "lifestyle" rather than a role or
job.The reason for this is simple - this job requires that you are
available 24/7/365 for customers, associates, and suppliers. If you
don't absolutely love the challenge of this then you shouldn't be a
Branch Manager.In order to be successful the Branch Manager must
develop a strong team of professionals that he/she can effectively
delegate duties and responsibilities to. The only way this will
work is you must first earn the trust and respect of your
associates. This is no easy task but it is absolutely critical to
your success.Branch Managers must make decisions based not just on
what is best for their branch but what is best for the company as a
whole. Said another way - what seems right for a branch may not be
right for the company overall but what is right for the company
will always ultimately be right for the branch.General
- Generate the return on investment as laid out in the MFORS plan
for your branch.
- Complete a business plan on an annual basis. Review with Region
- This is to assist senior management in budgeting and goal
setting for the region.
- Participate in all scheduled branch manager meetings and
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with key customer
accounts for your branch and poll their satisfaction level on a
- Monitor inventory levels and turns, rotation of stock in the
warehouse and on the shelves, ensure the sale of obsolete, damaged,
or aged inventory.
- Complete all scheduled Cycle Counts (100% compliance) and
maintain quantity accuracy at 99.7% or higher.
- Review all requests for new products with Product Managers and
- Ensure that the branch has established lines of supervision as
needed within the branch, and supervisors are empowered to make
decisions that are good for the customer and Geary Pacific
- Ensure that CSR's, TSM's, and warehouse & delivery personnel
are following all company processes, plans, procedures, and
- Work directly with Product Managers and Marketing to schedule
and coordinate product training, sales blitzes, email and print
marketing, branch open houses, and branch calendars.
- Execute follow up activities as directed following all Product
Manager training sessions, joint sales calls, and job quote
- Maintain all aspects of the building, the fixtures, and the
grounds to the extent that the entire facility is safe, secure,
clean, in good working order, and looks friendly and inviting at
- Protect the company's people and assets at all times.
- Do not allow yourself or any of your associates to speak ill of
any of our competitors, suppliers, factory reps, associates, or
- Provide training opportunities for branch CSR's and TSM's on
major vendors products through regularly held sales training
- Provide for adequate training of CSR's on order entry system
and regularly review / test their performance using it.
- Provide for training of all associates on use of other software
that may be used in the performance of their jobs. Including but
not limited to: Mincron, SMP, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and
- Provide for the training on proper operation of all equipment
used by warehouse associates, to conduct their normal duties
including forklift certifications.
- Provide adequate safety training to all associates, based on
their job requirements.
- Provide training for all warehouse associates to be able to
receive orders, restock shelves, put away stock product, and pick
orders accurately and efficiently and in accordance with company
- Require all associates to successfully complete a minimum
number of Blue Hawk and HARDI on-line training courses monthly /
- Make available to all associates the HARDI Counter Sales
Certification classes and the HARDI Branch Manager Certification
classes.Customer Service:Ensure the following:
- All CSR's, are able to provide basic product applications and
match-ups, process orders, credits, returns, and bids in Mincron -
independently and unsupervised.
- All CSR's can produce quotations for basic products that are
clear and concise, and are consistent with the company's published
terms and conditions.
- Review the open order report every day to make sure they are
all valid orders that should remain open.
- Review daily the promise dates on all orders for accuracy.
- Review the Edit Report each day to ensure that all orders that
were thought to be "shipped confirmed" were in fact shipped
confirmed and are accurate and ready to be invoiced.
- Review the Price Override Report every day to ensure that no
price overrides are being made without your knowledge and/or prior
- Review the Daily Cash Reconciliation Report every day and
reconcile with the cash drawer(s) and make the appropriate bank
deposits on a daily basis.
- Bank deposits are to be made the day the branch has more than
$500 in cash or minimum once per week.
- Lock all cash, checks, and credit card receipts in the safe
- Complete a Sales Plans and set goals with each of the Product
Managers, on the top vendors that comprise 80% of branch sales
dollars on an annual basis.
- Communicate the branch sales objectives to all associates and
share with them information about branch profitability and
performance at least once a week if not daily.
- Constantly encourage growth and consistently coach and
acknowledge good performance. Work diligently at improving
- Consistently project, explain, demonstrate, and enforce the
corporate philosophy of "Today's work Today!" to all associates. If
it comes in our door today it gets received today. If it goes out
our door today it gets shipped confirmed today. If a customer asks
us for something, anything, today we must respond to him today.
"No" is never a good answer.
- Make multiple sales calls every three months with each of your
- Maintain a three month marketing calendar with scheduled
promotions for key vendors, training classes, promotions, holidays,
- Copy Regional Managers on all branch price change requests
understanding that Regional Managers have final approval on branch
- Communicate verbally and in writing to each of your branch
associates the duties, responsibilities, expectations, and growth
objectives for their position and what their career path
possibilities are along with the requirements for each.
- Conduct a performance review of each of your direct reports,
branch associates, annually to establish goals and expectations for
the New Year. This should happen in January.
- Conduct Monthly Safety Meetings and report meeting minutes to
the Home Office.
- Conduct Monthly review meetings with each TSM and the RSC.
- Branch Manager is to work with HR, Human Resources, on any and
all personnel issues as required.
- Hold weekly sales call plan reviews with inside and outside
sales associates utilizing SMP reports to identify and focus on the
best opportunities and track performance.
- Enforce the rule that all customer and prospect contact
information is to be recorded properly in SMP by all Sales and
Customer Service associates.
- Branch Managers will be reviewed annually by their Regional
Manager and the results will be kept on file at Home Office HR
Dept. with a copy to CEO.
- Hiring and termination decisions must be cleared with the
Regional Manager in advance.Inventory:
- Report to the Inventory Department a minimum of once each week
on inventory shortages, lost sales, back orders, large sales, new
accounts, lost accounts, new product and seasonal minimums,
- Constantly work to sell aged, scratch & dent, and obsolete
inventory right away. Do not have an area designated for distressed
product. Sell It now!
- Complete all Cycle counts on time and with a minimum of 100%
compliance and 99% quantity accuracy.
- Constantly look for slow moving inventory and sell it or
transfer it to another branch that is selling it.
- Rotate your inventory with every receipt - always sell the
oldest product first.
- Protect the inventory from theft, shrinkage, and damage.
- Maintain accurate bar code labels on all products, shelves, and
- Ensure that all inventory is kept clean, organized, and in good
sellable condition at all times.Self-Development:
- All Branch Managers should attend at least one trade show
annually to view new products and services being marketed in the
- All Branch Managers should attend at least one self-improvement
course, or read one book related to his/her role in the company
- All Branch Managers should review at least one trade journal
each week to improve awareness of new trends in the industry.
- All Branch Managers should complete a minimum of six HARDI
and/or Blue Hawk on-line training courses related to their position
BENEFITS: Geary Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits program
including: Medical; Dental; Vision; Life and Long Term Disability
Insurance; 401k with matching; Paid vacation, Personal, and Holiday
time.A little bit about us....... Geary Pacific Corporation, based
in Anaheim and established in 1961, is a heating, air conditioning,
and ventilation distributor. Our culture is focused on maintaining
a positive work environment while providing our customers with
professional, knowledgeable, and friendly service. We are the
partner our customers deserve. Learn more about us at
www.gearypacific.comGeary Pacific is a drug free workplace.#SJ
Keywords: Geary Pacific Corporation, San Jose , Branch Manager - San Jose, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!