Manager, Engineering - Search Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all
machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a
company filled with people who are passionate about our product and
seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk,
were committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most
importantly, to each others success. Learn more about Splunk
careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Search
Services team as a part of the Data Platform organization. The
Search Services team focuses on building critical capabilities
needed by the products made on the Splunk Cloud Platform to deliver
a scalable, fault-tolerant, and reliable set of services to
orchestrate and execute millions of scheduled and ad-hoc searches
every day. This teams services allows our products to build rich
user experiences powered by our new Search Language (SPL2) and
create new offerings that tie searching across customers metrics
and log data.
What You'll Do
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by
serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent
your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Partner with your manager, architect, product manager, and
peers to ensure alignment of your teams work in delivering search
improvements to customers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting the engineers
that are on-call for customer issues.
- You will work with technical architects and team to craft
thoughtful approaches to evolving the search platform.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain great developers.Requirements
- 3+ years of management experience and 8 years of professional
experience with a Bachelors degree; or equivalent practical
- Experience developing and delivering scalable systems software
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a
proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members to be
- You are passionate about building and encouraging good
engineering practices and processes, like version control,
test-driven development, continuous integration, and
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage,
filesystem, distributed systems and information retrieval.
- Experience in cloud native technologies and running cloud-based
- Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming
to support code-reviews and guiding engineers in at least one of
the following languages Golang, Java, C++
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where
required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, San Jose , Manager, Engineering - Search Services, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!