Director, People Rewards (USA Remote)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a
recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than
20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to
promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas
and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions,
publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by
Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin
Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea,
Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United
Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues
are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in
education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As the Director, People Rewards & Operations, you will partner with
leaders to advise on total reward best practice and contribute to
the design, implementation, administration and governance of global
compensation & benefit programs ensuring that outcomes meet current
and future business needs and are consistent with internal and
external market position. In addition to the total reward project
management described above, the Director will drive the transition
of Compensation, Benefits, HRIS to a global shared services
What you will do:
- Functional Assessment & Migration: Conduct comprehensive
assessment of all Total Rewards and HRIS-related functions under
previous model and drive the transition and stand-up of a global
Shared Services function. Drive and foster collaboration of HR
Shared Services - within HR functions, IT, and other Departments as
needed to ensure employee, customer and business needs are
- Broad-based Comp Design: Partner with the Chief People Officer
and Senior Director, People Rewards & Operations to lead the
development of a fully integrated Total Rewards Strat Plan,
including Executive remuneration. Analyze competitiveness of
compensation programs and define the roadmap required to achieve
the company's growth goals. Lead execution of job leveling, salary
surveys, and refresh of compensation structure for all
- Benefits Design & Implementation: Partner with the C-level, and
other key stakeholders to develop, execute, and communicate key
benefits programs. Oversee the design, funding, and administration
of all annual benefits projects. Participate in the selection and
management of all vendors, brokers, and administrative
- Build Partnerships: Learn the business, industry, and culture.
Establish, build, and leverage positive working relationships with
business leaders, People & Places peers, and other key
stakeholders. Develop and implement a proactive communication plan
for the Compensation function that directly supports and drives the
strategic direction of the business and holistically delivers a
positive employee experience. Manage relationships and projects
with relevant external partners, consultants and vendors.
- Benefits Design & Implementation: Oversee the design, funding,
and administration of all annual benefits projects. Participate in
the selection and management of all vendors, brokers, and
- Project/Financial Management: Lead additional projects as
requested, including: labor market research; workforce planning;
acquisition integrations; cost/benefit analysis; compliance
reporting, etc. Proactively partner with the Finance department on
budgeting and accrual of all total rewards programs.
- 15+ years of Global Benefits experience
- 10+ years of Compensation (Broad-based and Executive)
experience; Tech / Engineering sector preferred -
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience required
- People-centric professional - ability to communicate and
interact effectively with all level of employees, particularly
C-suite and Board
- Solid interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to handle
and resolve complex issues with high-level of ambiguity
- -Experience with HRIS integrations and implementations required
(BambooHR, Culture Amp and Smart Recuiters preferred)
- Expert level Excel or Google sheets - -
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion
and sound business judgement
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improve learning outcomes. -
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to
fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. - We encourage you to
apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know
that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve
alongside us, join our team! - -
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have
equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We
strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with
disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age,
gender, religion, marital or veterans status.
Keywords: Turnitin, San Jose , Director, People Rewards (USA Remote), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!