Senior Vegetation Management Inspector (IBEW)- GC- Various Locations
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID # 78088
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of
safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric
Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric
distribution and transmission operations, including planning,
engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management,
business planning, restoration, emergency response and vegetation
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of
experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject
to collective bargaining.
Performs direct oversight of vegetation management work conducted
on Electric Distribution or Transmission systems. Responsibilities
include overseeing field safety, work quality, customer relations,
public safety, permit compliance, and contractor performance. Job
duties are outlined below.
The Vegetation management inspector-GC is a General Construction
position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a
new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire
PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you
will be away from home.
This position will be used to fill vacancies in the North Coast,
Bay, Central Coast, North Valley, Sierra, Central Valley and
Transmission region, and headquarter locations may vary throughout
service territory. Potential Locations: Fort Bragg, Fresno,
Bakersfield, Benicia, Colusa, Cottonwood, Cupertino, Eureka,
Fortuna, Jackson, Lakeport, Oakhurst, Oakland, Placerville, Red
Bluff, Redding, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, San Rafael, Santa Cruz,
Santa Rosa, Stockton, Ukiah, Vallejo, West Sacramento, Willits,
- Supports oversight of vegetation projects, including field
operations such as tree assessment, tree trimming, and other work
- In field inspections expected to be up to 95% of the time.
- Supports the compliance with vegetation management program
scope, contract adherence, and PG&E standards and
specifications over the entire PG&E service territory.
- Participates in Contractor safety and tailboard meetings to
ensure crews follow Company and regulatory (e.g. OSHA) safety,
standards and work procedures. Vegetation Management Inspectors are
authorized and expected to suspend Contractor work when
- Acts as a customer relations representative on behalf of
- On site supports the coordination between Contractors,
Communities, Agencies, First Responders, and all other PG&E
workgroups & stakeholders that may be involved in the successful
completion of the vegetation project.
- Liaison to the Contractors to resolve obstacles to the
completion of the work in a safe, cost effective, efficient,
timely, and productive manner, such as managing time and expenses
(T&E) in the field, in order to minimize rework and drive
- Maintains personnel stay focused on the assigned job and the
appropriate equipment is used. May approve scheduling and scope
changes in the field with PG&E management and Contractors as
- Encourages public, contractor, and employee safety on site at
all times by promoting positive leadership, positive safety
culture, good catches, exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety
for self and others, and by ensuring all applicable safety rules,
regulations and standards are followed. Performs and documents
Safety Observations and Good Catches.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations which may
include, but are not limited to: Annual permits, Encroachment
permits, Traffic Control Plans, railroad permits, Caltrans permits,
and environmental protection measures as documented on
Environmental Release to Construction.
- Proficient in electronic devices and documentation proficiency.
As assigned, completes electronic and paper-based documentation and
- Required to maintain a Class C driver's license.
- Required to participate in the Employer Pull Notice Program
(EPN) with DMV.Qualifications
- Valid Class C Driver's License with no major incidents
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in English
- Ability to obtain OSHA 30-hour construction safety overview
with 6 months of start date
- Ability to obtain Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP)
within 6 months of test eligibility
- Ability to obtain 911 Standby training within one month of
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of QA/QC within one month
of start date
- Ability to complete computer training (e.g. completion of
forms, uploading documents, accessing GIS) within one month of
start dateMust meet one of the experience requirements below:
- Five (5) years of experience as a tree crew climber/tree crew
foreman with at least two (2)years of line clearance certification
- Five (5) years of experience as a Vegetation Management
Pre-Inspector and Certified Arborist OR
- Five (5) years of experience as a Registered Professional
- Five (5) years of experience as a Utility Inspector or higher
classification with at least one (1)year of vegetation management
- Four (4) years of Military Service with honorable discharge and
at least one (1) year additional year of vegetation management
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who
live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given
- Line Clearance certification
- Register Professional Forester certification
- OSHA 30-hour construction safety certification
- Certified Tree Safety Professional certification
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
Utility Specialist certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management
concepts, methods and techniques.
- Adaptability to work within a heavily regulated
- Influence and negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy and
political acumen to navigate sensitive customer/public issues.
- Good independent organizational, time management,
prioritization and planning skills.
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Jose , Senior Vegetation Management Inspector (IBEW)- GC- Various Locations, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!