Company: Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Working Location: CALIFORNIA, SAN JOSEAre you looking for a
company that cares about people's lives and health, including
yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.Job DescriptionThis
position is responsible for managing and performing the full scope
of human resources functions for the site including policy
interpretation and communication; interviewing onboarding and
retention; compensation and benefits; training; performance
management/coaching. Ensures compliance with federal and state laws
and regulations including EEO/AAP/NLRB. Serve as a business partner
to the site management team ensuring support of the day-to-day
activities of the business.Job Duties
- Serves as a business partner to site management providing
coaching and guidance on various matters in support of the business
including change management employee relations training performance
management and development.
- Employee Relations - Responds to sensitive and personnel issues
and concerns raised by all levels of employees in a confidential,
timely and objective manner consulting with SR HR Manager as
- Maintains awareness of general employee issues/concerns and
recommends solutions to management to ensure positive morale and an
issue free environment.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies procedures and
- In collaboration with Corporate recruitment supports leadership
in the recruitment of open positions.
- Works with Production Management on the hiring and conversion
on contingent employees.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive
attitude toward company goals.
- Supports the communication and administration of the employee
LOA/FMLA/WC matters as is appropriate.
- In conjunction with worker compensation carrier processes
Worker's Compensation claims and accident reports. Serves as site
liaison with carrier representative (adjuster) relative to claims
questions/discrepancies. Participates claims review meetings.
- All Other Essential Duties as directed.Job RequirementsREQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or relevant discipline, or
equivalent knowledge required.
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience in a
manufacturing/production environment with a minimum of 250
- HR Generalist experience should include familiarity with
recruitment & staffing, employee relations, training and career
- Thorough knowledge of current federal state and local Human
Resources-related laws regulations trends and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Professional demeanour with the ability to be able to
effectively communicate with and resolve issues for employees at
all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to forge and maintain strategic business partnerships.
Ability to interface with all levels of employees in the
- Ability to analyze data and then create and communicate
recommendations based on data to meet desired business objectives.
- Proven customer focus and skill at handling stressful issues in
a courteous professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.We realize work isn't just
a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we
offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus
program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition
reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave,
on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be
ready for where life can take you.Olympus is passionate about the
solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial
equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For
more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives
healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent,
and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public
safety, and capturing images of the world.Olympus Corporation of
the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is
headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more
than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South
America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.It is the
policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement
opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, national origin (including language use restrictions),
citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming
practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
law.Posting Notes: -- United States (US) -- California (US-CA) --
San Jose --
Keywords: Olympus Corporation of the Americas, San Jose , HR Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!