Chief Development & Communications Officer
Company: Housing Trust Silicon Valley
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Housing Trust is looking for exceptional people who believe that
safe, stable affordable housing opens the door to better living for
everyone. We embrace diversity. We nurture it and we thrive on it
because it benefits our organization, our partners, and our
MISSION AND HISTORYHousing Trust is leading the effort to create a
strong affordable housing market in the greater Bay Area as one of
the region's highest-volume nonprofit housing lenders. Serving
people experiencing homelessness to renters to first-time
homebuyers, we assist a wide range of residents with programs
across the entire spectrum of housing issues. Since 2000, Housing
Trust has invested $446 million - creating nearly 24,000 affordable
housing opportunities serving over 44,000 of our neighbors. Housing
Trust has led the way in engaging local corporations and
foundations in investing hundreds of millions of dollars to work
with us to bring more solutions to the market all while
experiencing several years of high growth in our lending
POSITION OVERVIEWHousing Trust seeks a mission and results driven
professional to lead the organization's Development &
Communications department. The position will be responsible for
developing and executing on the organization's resource development
and communications strategy in support of organizational
programmatic and operating goals. Housing Trust has a track record
of leveraging its diverse network of private, public, and
individual stakeholders to reach its intended results and
The ideal candidate will bring deep fundraising and communications
experience and the ability to provide strategic vision and
The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), be a
member of the senior management team, and supervise three staff
members as well as hire and manage consultants, as needed.
- Partner with the CEO, senior team, and Board of Directors to
refine the development and communications strategies for the
- Lead communications, marketing, and branding strategy that
targets donors, investors, public sector decision-makers, real
estate developers, and media.
- Lead fundraising and resource development strategy including
funder/key stakeholder targeting, cultivation and management,
development of grant submissions and event planning.
- Lead the strategy for and development of responses to federal,
state, and local RFPs and NOFAs such as to the CDFI Fund.
- Support, in collaboration with CEO and CFO, investor
stewardship and convene key stakeholder groups through planning and
hosting events and thought leadership.
- Manage impact reporting function and oversee the production of
reports to funders and investors, ensuring all reports are
thorough, accurate and timely.
- Manage, develop, and coach the fundraising and communications
team; provide support, guidance, encouragement, and professional
development to team members.
- Commit to advance racial equity and intentionally cultivate
diversity, equity, and inclusion in the department and through
communications including leading efforts to share thought
leadership in this area.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business, or
related field along with 8+ years of related professional
experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven ability to develop diverse cross-section of potential
donors - from large corporations, foundations, and impact investors
- and demonstrated experience cultivating and stewarding these
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communications
and marketing strategies that improve brand awareness and
stakeholder engagement, including proven success developing and
implementing digital marketing and social media strategies to
enhance visibility, engagement, and loyalty.
- Outstanding people management and team leadership skills, with
experience recruiting, nurturing, and motivating talent.
- Exceptional communications skills - written and oral.
- Experience with and understanding of housing policy, programs
and finance and Community Development Financial Institutions is
ideal, but not required.
- Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what
needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen.
- Great attention to detail and follow-through. Sense of
ownership; passionate for results.
- Commitment to social change and positive impact in our
- Highly skilled at collaborating across various levels of
diversity including race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex,
marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation,
actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual
- Embrace a work culture that celebrates creativity and
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing demands
while continually delivering high performance.
Our total compensation package includes the following:Medical,
Dental and Vision benefits fully covered for employees. Eligible
dependents covered at 50%.401K employer contribution at 3% and
additional match up to 2%3 weeks of paid vacation12 paid sick
daysPaid year-end shutdownEnd of year bonus/profit-sharing
planTuition reimbursement program and more...
Please note that Housing Trust is currently not offering relocation
assistance for this role.
Housing Trust is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status,
disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived
gender identity, age or sexual orientation. Housing Trust is
committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and our goal is to
have a workforce (at all job levels) that is representative of the
communities we serve.
Keywords: Housing Trust Silicon Valley, San Jose , Chief Development & Communications Officer, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!