Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What We're Looking For
Contract Managers are responsible for the administration of Program
contracts. This is a leadership position but does not include
direct staff reporting. plans, organizes, supervises, and
coordinates the procurement by contract of consultants, public
works design and construction, and coordinates and oversees
contract administration activities. The Contract Managers are
responsible for the oversight of General and Special Conditions of
the contracts as well as contract specifications and are supported
by Contracts specialists who assist with the development of the
Contract documents and Contract language.
The Contract Managers assist each Project Manager in the following
- Contract Interpretation and administration - ensure the client
PMC team is properly interpreting and applying the contract
requirements; ensure the contractor is complying with contract
requirements and applying them correctly.
- Dispute resolution - assist the project team and project
manager in resolving informal disputes; support the program
management and legal teams for resolution of formal disputes.
- Contract Compliance - ensure the contractor is satisfying state
and federal contract compliance, and contract requirements relating
to insurance, bonding, subcontracting, and key personnel and
required personnel participation.
- Communication protocols - enforce proper communication and
documentation requirements and protocols, between the contracting
parties, especially regarding written communication, meeting
minutes, written waiver, and proper notices. Draft all
correspondence and shepherd all letters transmitted to and from the
- Pay Applications - Review all payment applications for
compliance with payment provisions and proper documentation, such
as lien releases, certifications, and project reporting.
- Authorizing Documents - Review Change Directives, Field
Directives, Allowance distribution, Nonconforming Work acceptances,
written waivers, and Change Orders for contract compliance.
- Change Management - evaluate changes and claims for procedural
compliance and merit. Work with project controls manager for
determining cost and schedule impacts.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Involves complex document interpretation, analysis, problem
solving, and communication
- Project leadership role requiring engagement with and providing
direction to all other project managers and staff
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and proactiveness in
mitigating risks and recognizing resolutions
- Decision making ability that may have an impact on policies,
procedures or the achievement of strategic goals; projects costs
and risk exposure
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills
What You'll Need
- Provides support on resolving project issues, including
application of contract provisions, working with technical experts,
and making recommendations for strategies and solutions for
resolution. Draft and co-draft technical memos, policy papers, and
issue analysis codifying recommendations, contract position taken,
or resolution documents.
- Reviews correspondence works with various members of the
project team and the owner to develop responses and propose and
- Oversees the project team's review of technical and
administrative submittal responses, participates in meetings,
reviews reports and minutes, and coordinates project communication
utilizing a variety of methods.
- Assists in the resolution of potential change orders, change
orders, dispute resolution, and provide claims, formal dispute, and
- Performs administrative audits, including both process and
product audits. Identifies procedural noncompliance and
nonconforming work, opportunities for improvement, and necessary
corrective and preventative actions.
- Reviews and audits of subcontracts, insurance and bonding
provisions and subcontracting procedures.
- Mentors and trains the project team on contract interpretation
and application of contract policies and requirements, proper
communication and documentation, and risks and liabilities related
to project roles and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction
Management. Legal Studies or related field
- 5 years project management, contract drafting and negotiation,
construction claims resolution or similar experience
- In lieu of Juris Doctor degree, 10 years of experience in
project management, contract drafting and negotiation, construction
claims resolution or similar experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-06118 Full Time #KD
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and
innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility
across our country. You don't have to look far to see our impact.
For more than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and
places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our
communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with
groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and
positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded
on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability,
respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are
committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse
workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and
authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming
environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected.
Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation,
engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value
to our clients and our communities.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a
disability where appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual with a
disability or limited English proficiency and need assistance or an
accommodation, please email or call .
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986,
we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to
work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which
is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time
of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work
Keywords: HNTB, San Jose , Contract Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!