Assistant Project Manager ( Low Voltage )
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you looking for an exciting career in Low Voltage? Rosendin
is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States
employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than
100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality
electrical and communications installations, building value for
clients, and building people within the company. APPLY TODAY! The
Assistant Project Manager ( Low Voltage ) is responsible for
providing overall administrative and construction support for our
Project Management team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage all aspects of project documentation including
submittals, RFIs and project meeting minutes.
- Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by
the Project Manager including planning and coordinating,
circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project
policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
- Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing)
control logs. Prepare required logs and other project documentation
for construction meetings.
- Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and
- Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors'
- Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner
and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and
- Interacts with Subcontractors to make certain that we have
obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and
- Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date.
- Represent company/project in meetings with client,
- Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned
to area of responsibility.
- Monitor other contractors' activities and progress.
- Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and
establishing Job Files.
- Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project
- Prepares price change orders and project reports and
- Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll information.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit. EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or other related
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a construction-related
- Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work
experience that is equivalent. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and
- Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact
effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to details
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management
- Ability to identify and meet customers' expectations and
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others TRAVEL:
- 10 - 25% WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. Rosendin is committed to
creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, San Jose , Assistant Project Manager ( Low Voltage ), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!