Accounts Payable Manager
Company: Power Integrations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides overall direction and guidance to the staff processing
accounts payable and vendor services including maintaining records
of amounts owed, verifying invoices, computing discounts, coding
expenses, preparing vouchers, and issuing checks, ACH transactions
and international wires for payment. The Accounts Payable
Supervisor prepares financial reports for various internal
departments, and creates new accounting forms as needed. Prepares
accounts payable register and other related reports. Provides
guidance, coordination and training to staff on accounts payable
and purchasing procedures. Essential Functions:
- Assist, guide, and instruct support staff on non-routine policy
interpretations or transaction problems which require
- Implement reporting procedures and internal controls for the
purpose of maintaining accurate records.
- Maintain various fiscal information, files, and records for
providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for
- Participate in establishing departmental policy.
- Perform supervisory functions for the accounts payable
department, including interviewing and recommending the hiring of
new staff members; providing or arranging for training for staff;
evaluating staff performance; and recommending personnel actions to
ensure adequate and competent staffing.
- Plan work assignments, evaluate work performed, and provide
direction and decisions in handling procedural and technical
problems. Monitor work outcomes and provide metric data for
- Reconcile a variety of accounts and reports for ensuring
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or
documentation (e.g., purchase orders, vendors, invoices, etc.) for
ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to
- Assist with month-end closing tasks, including monthly expense
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of tax form 1099.
- Research, analyze, and resolve payment and vendor issues.
Minimum Qualifications Education: BS in accounting, finance, or
related business discipline preferred. Experience: Minimum of 5
years of directly related accounting experience, preferably in a
large, high volume corporate environment Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge of financial transaction flows, including system
interfaces using Oracle R12.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations,
policy, and procedures.
- Ability to manage workflow and/or business cycle
- Ability to plan, organize, assign, prioritize, evaluate, and
supervise the work of subordinate employees performing the same or
- Ability to plan, organize, develop tactical plans, and sets
- Ability to solve technical and non-technical accounting
problems related to AP.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work
- Ability to work effectively through and with others.
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles and practices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements
related to the functional area. You have been redirected to a Power
Integrations job page
Keywords: Power Integrations, San Jose , Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!