Director of Sales/Digital Products
Company: Bay Area News Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Bay Area News Group, a subsidiary of MediaNews Group, is seeking
a Digital Products Director of Sales to join the team! MediaNews
Group offers news reporting and third party advertising and
marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which
include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest
media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and
connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content
(49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via
800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print.
We are transforming the news industry.
The Digital Products Sales Director designs and executes the sales
plan for the department in coordination with senior management and
has ultimate accountability for the sales team which drives our
success. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills,
a collaborative spirit, and demonstrates strong leadership
qualities that inspire and motivate the sales team.
The purpose of the role is to lead the organization's efforts to
develop and sell our digital products and services.
Leading sales and driving digital growth through the
- Direct sales staff, both multimedia and digital only through
sales coaching. Collaborate with Sales Directors to drive digital
sales in all territories. Participate in the digital training of
- Collaborate with Ad Taxi and BANG sales support and digital
operations teams to maximize client retention.
- Work with digital vendors to bring their products into our
portfolio for additional advertising solutions.
- Communicate upward to senior leadership on all aspects of
digital within BANG.
- Achieve company digital sales objectives. Resolve obstacles
that are in the way.
- Serve as an industry expert to educate decision makers and
build rapport by keeping up with the latest trends to break down
barriers and close sales.
- Follow processes with accuracy and attention to detail such as
collecting data, contracts, etc. and moving them through the
- Engage in opportunities to excel in terms of career growth.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or
- 10 years of digital media sales experience
- Possess a proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals
in a digital media leadership role and be able to work and learn in
a fast paced environment.
- Self-directed team player who has a strong sense of urgency and
proven ability to get results through effective leadership
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet
deadlines with excellent follow-through
- Experience working with multiple teams and supporting a dynamic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of digital advertising, media, and sales
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to hire, grow and
retain top talent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic
- Ability to have a creative approach to revenue development and
a strong focus on customer service
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skill
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Google AdWords and analytics Certification preferred
- This position may be permanent remote. This job operates in a
professional office environment and at the Company and client sites
for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires
the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
We are people first. Our people are our differentiator. Together,
we are reinventing an industry. Transforming the future of media.
We pride ourselves on sharing engaging stories that inform,
inspire, and connect with readers across a diverse collection of
trusted local media brands. MediaNews Group is a leader in local,
multi-platform news and information, distinguished by its
award-winning, original content and high quality, diversified
portfolio of local media assets. We offer local news and
information web sites and mobile apps offering rich multimedia
experiences across the nation.
MediaNews Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Bay Area News Group, San Jose , Director of Sales/Digital Products, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!