Company: Wingate by Wyndham San Jose
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Great opportunity to join the global leader in third-party hotel
management!Job Summary:The General Manager is a polished,
well-spoken, and well-regarded ambassador who carries a strong
vision for their hotel. He or she is charged with responsibility
for all aspects of operations for their assigned property,
providing support, supervision, and guidance to their management
team and front-line associates. He or she will ensure that
financial performance is optimized, that high quality product and
service levels are maintained, and that the hotel is operated in
compliance with state federal and local regulations, as well as
Company and brand standards. The General Manager will also
establish priorities and lead key operational initiatives such as
the sales plan and budget development as well as execution of
physical property improvement projects. They will provide hands on
leadership to ensure that revenue is maximized while expenses are
effectively controlled. They will serve as the linchpin for
communications with guests and clients, associates, ownership,
corporate representatives, brand representatives, and key
- Prior hotel General Manager experience is required.
- Prior Wyndham experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling workplace problems including
anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet
the constraints of the need.
- Must be effective at listening to understand, clarify, and
resolve the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information,
data, and basic arithmetic functions.Responsibilities:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with applicable certification requirements to include;
Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR, and First Aid
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct a daily ABR
meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on
top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and
receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly,
and monthly basis.
- Tour the operating departments daily adjusting as needed via
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and training sessions using the
steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards, and the review of previous and future sales and
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers
and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Aimbridge Hospitality's standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures
when training new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the company budget process as
- Ensure that training in service standards is conducted in each
department using the steps to effective training, per Aimbridge
- Assist in creating a positive, team-oriented environment with a
focus on the guest through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office in compliance with the monthly
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensure that employees are attentive, friendly, courteous, and
efficient in their interactions with guests, vendors, and team
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses.
- Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate
reforecast as needed.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s. Ensure that
all managers follow company standards in their interviewing and
hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals per
Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure that managers follow standards in their administration
of performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all management
personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure that managers follow standards in their administration
of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and open lines of
communication with entire hotel team.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet with sales meeting contacts and potential clients during
property tours to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times to greet guests and
offer assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for the handling of the hotel safe,
specifically regarding security, and initiate a monthly safe
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in
the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
- After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanHotel Information:Wingate San Jose5190
Cherry AvenueSan Jose CA 95118Room Count: 115Meeting Space: 560 sq.
Keywords: Wingate by Wyndham San Jose, San Jose , General Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!