Manager, Strategic Finance and Pricing
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Who we are Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to
financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is
committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people
and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. When applying
for a job you are required to create an account, if you have
already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your
applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help
us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation
of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right -- system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:The Strategic Finance team works on
providing strategic and financial insight to cutting edge financial
innovation happening at PayPal. The team leads financial planning
and pricing strategy on critical new product launches for the
company. We support senior executives in finance, product, sales,
business development, strategy, and core payments to understand
long-term and short-term impact of strategic initiatives.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound
business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a
collaborative working style. Key to success in this role is to be
an individual contributor with the ability to juggle multiple
projects at the same time working with a high caliber team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in Fintech
to learn about the changing landscape of financial services &
payments technology - mobile, in-store, credit, consumer financial
services, financial inclusion, cross-border, blockchain & crypto,
- Carry out market scan and deep-dive analyses to identify
potential opportunities (e.g., white space review, vertical
analysis, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Size opportunity along with customer segments & use case
mapping for partnerships and product strategies.
- Own the end-to-end construction of the financial model for
these strategies, keeping in mind the prioritization & sequencing
- Develop pricing proposals for new product launches and
expansions, incorporating competitive landscape, product strategy
and financial impact.
- Leverage subject-matter-experts across the organization to
build and refine business cases.
- Identify high-level investments required including product
development, marketing & other costs to evaluate P&L
- Support the preparation of materials for leadership discussions
to evaluate initiatives.
- Contribute to other aspects of Strategic Finance, as directed
by team leadership.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant finance, corporate development /
strategy, banking / consulting, or pricing strategy
- An understanding of payments product & technology is preferred
and will go a long way in the success of this role.
- Superior analytical capabilities with deep understanding of how
a business operates.
- Strong experience building and maintaining complex financial
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in
ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via
- Versatile. Ability to navigate a complex & matrixed corporate
environment while juggling multiple responsibilities. A positive,
can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Highly dependable, with ability to drive things to conclusion
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant &
fun to work with.
- MBA, Master's degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or
Computer Science preferredSubsidiary:PayPalTravel Percent:0Primary
Location:Chicago, Illinois, United States of AmericaAdditional
Locations:San Francisco-Xoom, San Jose We're a purpose-driven
company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct
business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors
which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower
an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is
touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees
challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We
want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we
change the way the world defines financial freedom. PayPal provides
equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of
age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com . Posted 6 Days Ago
Full time R0069001 About Us At PayPal we are reimagining money,
democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to
safely connect to their money and to each other. We are
purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the
forefront of the digital payments revolution.-- Learn more about
privacy-related questions or data retention. Please note that this
site has updated features that can't run on older versions of
Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , Manager, Strategic Finance and Pricing, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!