Senior Director Worldwide Facilities
Company: Bloom Energy Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Bloom Energy--is the leading force in transforming the way
energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the
parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company
while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is
filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never
stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our
company performance, and to develop and support the many talented
employees that serve our mission.--
We are looking for a Senior Director Worldwide Facilities and
Security who will oversee the full lifecycle of mission critical
conventional infrastructure activities including strategizing,
planning, managing construction of new facilities, maintaining and
ensuring security. This role would report to the--Vice President,
Manufacturing Engineering--and based in--San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead global facilities management, including directing
day-to-day operations, maintenance, facilities construction, real
estate, and physical security for all Bloom facilities.Coordinate
large-scale facility projects such as moves, space
planning/utilization, plans to accommodate new machines, personnel,
- Collaborate with company leadership on space planning; evaluate
and advise on the design and allocation.
- Manage/oversee the construction of Bloom facilities.
- Creates and manages real estate strategy.
- Own and manage process, tools, policies related to real estate,
lease administration, project management (construction and design)
and facilities management.
- Ensure continuous processes for 24/7 emergency repairs and
response to allow for continuous building and facility
- Oversee emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and physical
- Partner with Environmental Health & Safety to ensure a safe
- Own the strategy, development and deployment of a comprehensive
physical security operations program that aligns with our
organizational and operational risk profile
- Financial/BudgetDevelop the global facilities annual budget,
quarterly forecasts, and management of actual expenses.
- Drive cost down on a continuous basis.Plan, budget, and
schedule facilities modifications.
- Develop and track budgets for management review for all capital
- Review capital project and operating budget reports for
multiple properties. Create action plans to improve financial
- Manage and negotiate all facilities related purchases,
including contractors, consultants, services, etc.
- Hire and direct facilities staff, set priorities, and actively
coach and develop staff to meet organization goals and deliver
exceptional service levels within the prescribed budget.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with key stakeholders
and cross-functional teams.
- Willing to Travel Internationally 20% of the time
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 15+ experience in Facilities Management, including
- Superior communication skills, (written, verbal and active
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of self-management with
little to no oversight
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish
effective cross-functional working relationships; Ability to
effectively participate on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exceptional ability to influence and collaborate at the
executive level and dive alignment by influencing business
partners, senior leaders, and stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship and negotiations skills with internal
and external stakeholders.
- Skill Areas:
- Strategic planning and thinking.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified
- Creative thinking and ability to innovate.
- Ability to work cross-functionally for the greater good of the
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy's mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable
for everyone in the world. The company's product, the Bloom Energy
Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric
power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid
applications. Bloom's customers include many Fortune 100 companies
and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail,
higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more
information, visit www.bloomenergy.com Bloom Energy is an equal
opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of
merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws
providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants,
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or
on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable
accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant
or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job
Keywords: Bloom Energy Corporation, San Jose , Senior Director Worldwide Facilities, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!