Manager of Machine Learning
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Who we are Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to
financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is
committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people
and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. When applying
for a job you are required to create an account, if you have
already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your
applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help
us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation
of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important
for us to ensure our future hires have the right -- system set
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple
capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:The Customer Success and Insights Platform
team is looking for a highly talented, self-driven, proven Software
Development Manager to take on the challenge of building a Customer
Journey Platform. The core idea is to help PayPal customers with
self-service and automation leveraging the power of latest
technologies like micro-services, natural language processing and
machine learning. This should help with not only offering a great
customer experience but also reduce operational costs.Job
- Build/hire and retain strong and innovative development
- Be Accountable for the deliverables of the roadmap.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team to
define, design, implement, test, release rollout and support
complex software applications for PayPal.
- Work with business units and product owners to crystallize
business needs into product features, acting as a bridge between
business and technical domains.
- Consult with business units on feasibility, technical
requirements and cost estimates for new initiatives.
- Work with other engineering managers, engineers & QA to develop
innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality,
performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and
adherence to development goals and principles.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the team. Provide
technical and domain thought-leadership and mentoring to junior
members of the team.
- Identify areas of technical improvement and make detailed
business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence
and relevance in supporting software development needs of PayPal's
- Define and devise processes, tools and methodologies to achieve
excellence in software development, testing and deployment.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering and 8+ years related
- Have 5+ years of experience in managing high performing
- Having experience in managing AI/ML platforms and product
- Ability to make hire/no-hire decisions objectively
- Ability to objectively appraise and provide valuable feedback
to the individuals in the team.
- Highly competent with experience in some of the following:
- Enterprise architecture/software design/implementation,
particularly for AI/ML domain.
- Solid understanding of NLP/NLU and building conversational AI
design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience building full stack web and mobile applications
connected to RESTful APIs.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms with good problem solving and
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a
- Experience with a version control system (GIT, SVN, CVS,
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically
and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications.
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and
- Must have experience in justification of technology solutions
to business leaders along with senior engineers.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear,
concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and
getting results in matrix organizations. Excellent time management
skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different
- Working knowledge in the mobile point of sale industry is an
added advantage.Subsidiary:PayPalTravel Percent:0Primary
Location:San Jose, California, United States of AmericaAdditional
Locations: We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the
foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves
to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest
ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and
strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with
dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask
questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to
financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world
defines financial freedom. PayPal provides equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to
submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology
or a disability, please contact us at
email@example.com . Posted 2 Days Ago Full
time R0059383 About Us At PayPal we are reimagining money,
democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to
safely connect to their money and to each other. We are
purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the
forefront of the digital payments revolution.-- Learn more about
privacy-related questions or data retention. Please note that this
site has updated features that can't run on older versions of
Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , Manager of Machine Learning, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!