Customer Success Manager
Company: CB Insights
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Drive CB Insights' growth as part of our Customer Success
The Role You'll Play
The CB Insights Customer Success Manager is responsible for
maintaining a portfolio of Accounts that include some of the
world's leading corporate Strategy and Innovation groups. This
position delicately governs customer relationships and consistently
illustrates the value delivered through CB Insights' software &
services. The Customer Success Manager serves as the internal voice
of the customer while working with other CB Insights' teams to
exceed customer expectations. This individual's performance is
based on specific metrics associated with customer on-boarding,
product adoption, expansion & retention.
About The Customer Success Team
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing
clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team's
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at
Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them
solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest
organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends.
Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our groups diversity.
You can look around and you'll find very few people with similar
backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very
special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
Your Main Tasks
- Actively serve a portfolio of assigned accounts so that
customers may achieve their positive business outcomes via CB
Insights' software & services.
- Drive customer software engagement & development of power users
across customer organizations.
- Implement Customer Success Plans for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with CB Insights' business development team to
expand customer relationships.
- Run the renewal process for assigned portfolio of
- Maintain communication & governance protocols across customer &
CB Insights' teams.
- Effectively solve ad-hoc customer issues as needed.
- Bring to bear predictive renewal analytics to identify customer
expansion opportunities & churn risks.
- Collaborate with Marketing to demonstrate customer
- Provide continuous customer feedback to CB Insights' Product
- Stay current & educate customers on CB Insights' products,
competitive landscape & innovation trends.
- Embrace & contribute to Customer Success team standard
What You Bring To The Table
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or
similar study. MBA preferred.
- Validated results in prior role.
- At least 2+ years of prior account management and/or customer
success experience, preferably within enterprise software or
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce.
- Proficiency communicating data via Excel, Salesforce and other
business intelligence tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
What's CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit
emerging technologies. We help the world's leading companies
accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not
opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine
and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your
response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You Will Be Successful Here If You Have
- Real passion for serving customers.
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision
makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills;
extraordinary listening skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates
solutions that deliver real business value.
- Ability to recognize and maximize new business
- Comfort with negotiation.
- Multi tasking down to a science; handling multiple accounts &
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant &
- Amazing culture: Hard Work, High Standards, Hungry,
Helpfulness, and Humility: Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and
creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to
the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is
close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As
such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CB Insights, San Jose , Customer Success Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!