Business Development Manager
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Senior leader working on a team that defines strategy and plans
to increase market penetration and drive growth within the
mid-market segment of the Security market for the Cisco Secure
portfolio of products, including Cisco's cloud-based SaaS offerings
(Cisco Umbrella, Cisco SIG), Cisco endpoint security (Cisco AMP,
Cisco AnyConnect), and on-prem products such as Cisco's next-gen
firewall and email security. What You'll Do:
- Be Cisco's expert on midmarket Security customer needs and
trends, deeply understanding key customer personas, buying
motivators, product exploration, purchase and use needs.
- Use broad network security technology knowledge of both the
industry, Cisco and Cisco competitors to "connect the dots" across
- Develop/Implement strategy to advance mid-market RTM and GTM
activities with partners such as Marketplaces, Managed Services and
Traditional Sell-Through offers.
- This includes responsibility for key strategic activities such
as cross-architecture offer formulation, pricing and profitability
analysis and evaluating route to market effectiveness in
- Identify and form alliances with route to market partners based
on the proposed business strategy.
- Work with Cisco Product teams, Partner organization and
Partners to refine lines of communication for GTM and RTM
- Establish metrics to measure health and success of mid-market
- Lead execution in the mid-market segment working closely with
Finance, Legal, and senior BU leadership.
- Communicate regularly to leadership the business strategy and
business case in support of mid-market execution plans. Who You'll
- Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT, Networking and Security
has the product and market expertise to accelerate the market
transitions across industries.
- Cisco Security is the fastest growing business unit inside
Cisco. We are a $3B+ business unit growing double digits year over
year. We have the broadest technology portfolio that helps
customers with their security concerns using any combination of
deployment methods such as appliance, virtual, & cloud
- Our broader Business Development team identifies new security
markets and routes to revenue, develops and manages strategic
alliances and builds multi-vendor product integrations that compose
our 200+ vendor-partner security technical alliance program.-- Who
- Must have at least 7 years of technology business development
and/or product management experience, with extensive experience in
technology solution creation, establishing/growing partnerships and
business case development as well as route to market management via
channels and managed services.
- Deep knowledge and experience in network security-both on-prem
and SaaS-based-is a core requirement for this role. Broad
understanding of Networking, Collaboration, Cloud and Mobility
technologies is highly desirable.--
- Prior experience working with Channel Partners on GTM
activities highly desirable.
- Sales engineering, architecture and/or engineering background
in network security also desirable.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in
plans and strategies with only general guidance.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, slide generation and presentation
skills are absolutely required.
- Bachelor's degree minimum. --#WeAreCisco, where each person is
unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a
difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace
digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital
businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only
about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security
company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts,
predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do -
you can't put us in a box! But "Digital Transformation" is an empty
buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation,
creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to
day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos
a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into
our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference
to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to
equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful
hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots?
That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for
technology and world changing? Be you, with us!-- Sign up to
receive notifications of similar jobs Cisco is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis,
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., San Jose , Business Development Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!