Human Resources Manager - (Full-Time
Company: Diocese of San Jose
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Human Resources Manager - (Full-Time) - Chancery Office, San
Jose POSITION SUMMARY:
In collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human
Resources Manager is responsible for ensuring that the overall
administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources
plans and programs are fulfilled for the Diocese of San Jose. In
conjunction with the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human
Resources Manager is responsible for managing, overseeing,
supporting, and maintaining the Diocese of San Jose's HR system.
The Human Resources Manager is charged with processing employee
data, generating HR-related reports, managing system upgrades,
implementing any revisions of the HRIS system and communicating it
to the diocesan sites, and maintaining data integrity. The Human
Resources Manager supports pastors, parish, Chancery, and cemetery
employees, and applicants by providing information and guidance
regarding human resources policies and administration. Working
closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer, the HR Manager is
the primary HR contact for employees at the Parishes, Chancery, and
Cemeteries to provide HR guidance and solutions and works directly
with Parishes and Chancery departments on strategic and tactical
projects as directed by Chief Human Resources Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing and implementing HRIS system for all
employees, applicants and volunteers (if appropriate). Suggest
changes to systems, assist with procedures and documentation, and
provide appropriate training as needed.
- HR/Data Systems Management - own and act as the HRIS super
- Create HRIS training and procedure manual and conduct one or
more training for new HR Partners, Principals, and Pastors.
- Build effective reporting tools, including compliance
monitoring and reporting.
- Provide data analysis that will help to drive business
- Partner with Diocesan Managers to effectively and proactively
use the HRIS system to serve and provide exceptional customer
- Oversee the Letter of Intent and Salary Placement Document
production process for elementary and secondary schools within the
- Maintain a communications process which ensures that
supervisors and employees will be notified and/or reminded of HRIS
system changes, deadlines or personnel obligations.
- Oversee the HRIS systems audit process for schools and
parishes, providing outreach, training and support to appropriate
staff who oversee these responsibilities.
- Project manage all enhancements/changes to HRIS system;
coordinate with other departments/locations as needed.
- Manage the HRIS Consultant agreements/billing.
- Manage the Performance Review process for The Chancery and
cemeteries, and other locations upon request - including HRIS
set-up, training, communications.
- Coordinate processing with Payroll (Finance) to ensure that
transactions and programs provide accurate payment and deduction
for DSJ employees.
- Manage and process state and local minimum wage changes in the
- Employee relations and support for the Chancery, Parishes and
Cemeteries. Conduct investigations pertaining to employee relations
matters - meeting with employees, assessing situations,
investigating where appropriate, and documenting all relevant
- Represent Human Resources on various committees REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to make sound decisions after analyzing and
interpreting often complex information. Education and/or
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, psychology,
education or related degree, or related work experience. Five to
seven years of experience as a human resources generalist with
experience in supervision. Must be self-directed and a quick
learner. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Technical Skills:
Proficient in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems (Workday
preferred). Other Requirements:
The employee must have knowledge of Church structure and culture.
Knowledge of elementary and secondary school structure and culture
helpful. How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1150 North
First St.,Suite 100 San Jose, CA 95112 - Phone: (408) 983-0100
Keywords: Diocese of San Jose, San Jose , Human Resources Manager - (Full-Time, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!