Home Delivery Program Manager
Company: Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Ma
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Founded in 1974, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley is one of the
largest food banks in the nation and a trusted nonprofit leader in
ending local hunger. The organization distributes nutritious
groceries through a network of more than 300 partners at drive-thru
and walk-up sites across Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Due to
the prohibitively expensive cost of living in Silicon Valley and
the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, hunger is at
an all-time high. Second Harvest is now serving an average of
500,000 people every month, twice as many people as it reached
pre-pandemic. Second Harvest also connects people to federal
nutrition programs and other food resources, and advocates for
anti-hunger policies on the local, state and national levels. To
learn more about how Second Harvest is responding to the incredible
amount of need in Silicon Valley, visit shfb.org. About the
Position This position is responsible for the management and
development of food distribution programs that ensure ongoing
nutritional support for low-income individuals and families who are
homebound. Program Manager will closely collaborate with a wide
variety of community organizations to meet the needs of clients and
ensure respectful and safe access. This job typically requires
incumbent to be working in the field a minimum of 50% of the time.
This job might be for you if:
- You are passionate about fighting hunger in your
- You enjoy developing and maintaining relationships and possess
cultural humility in your work with a diverse set of clients,
volunteers, partner-organization representatives, and Second
Harvest of Silicon Valley colleagues.
- You embrace the importance of a positive client, volunteer, and
collaborative partner experience, always ensuring the best possible
levels of service quality are maintained.
- You enjoy process and program management as you will provide
management and oversight of the distribution process over 20
distribution locations, ensuring quality, accuracy, and consistency
in our process and in our records.
- You are skilled and enjoy the challenge of identifying,
planning and implementing programs, changes and initiatives to
better serve the needs of the community.
- You are skilled at analyzing and presenting data and utilizing
for decision-making; you proactively recognize and respond to
patterns and trends.
- You have an attention to detail and ensure program policies are
accurate and up-to-date
- You are experienced at training and overseeing the work of
- Opening, Training and Managing Home Delivery Hubs and
- End to End Volunteer Experience, Recruitment through
- Documentation of site logistics and best practices
- Other duties as required and as assigned to meet Second Harvest
goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will possess the
following professional qualifications: --
- Demonstrated experience in program development and/or community
organizing activities. Experience working collaboratively with
diverse community groups and in diverse environments. Working
knowledge of public and private community service resources within
San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
- Ability to perform multiple duties independently with a minimum
of supervision. Ability to make frequent changes of routine and
pace of activity due to unpredictable customer demands without loss
of efficiency or composure.
- Proven ability to work as a team player, establish, and
maintain good relationships with people of various ages,
educational, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Demonstrated
ability to motivate individuals.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly word-processing and
database management. Proven record of accuracy in collecting,
compiling, and reviewing data.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly via telephone,
orally, and in writing.
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license and a
clean DMV record. Willingness to drive personal vehicle, as
necessary. Compensation for business mileage is reimbursable at
standard IRS rate.
- Fluency in another language like Spanish, Vietnamese, or
Chinese, both oral and written, is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in social
sciences, or a directly related field; experience may be
substituted on a year-to-year basis. Minimum of 5 years program
management experience. Reports To: Senior Program Manager Location:
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, Curtner Distribution Center, 750
Curtner Avenue, San Jose, CA 94134 Hours: M-F, 8:00am to 5:00pm,
with the ability to work flexible hours, including some early
mornings, evenings and weekends. Compensation: Competitive salary
commensurate with experience. Generous health benefits, Flexible
Time Off (FTO) starting at 200 hours/year, ten paid holidays, and
excellent retirement savings plan. EOE UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Keywords: Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Ma, San Jose , Home Delivery Program Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!