Company: Technology Credit Union
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Tech CU - Careers - PMO Director in San Jose, California -
Careers at San Jose Headquarters Skip Branding
- Careers Join Tech CU Learn about opportunities to join Tech CU.
- Technology Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally
protected basis. Candidates must possess current authorization to
work in the United States, as it is not Tech CU's practice to
sponsor individuals for work visas.
- Site Map
- Privacy & Security
- Mortgage Help Connect With Us Mobile Apps -- 2016 Technology
Credit Union. All rights reserved. - ABA/Routing Number: 121181976
- NMLS ID #551926 Federally insured by NCUA
Equal Housing Lender [+] Feedback Tech CU - Careers - PMO Director
in San Jose, California - Careers at San Jose Headquarters Skip to
Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! PMO Director
Job Locations US-CA-San Jose Job ID 2021-1872 Branch San Jose
Headquarters Category Ops & Administration Type Regular Full-Time
Position Summary The Project Management Office Director is
responsible for day-to-day Project Management Office (PMO)
management including; directing needs analysis, project
identification, approval by Committee, requirements, design,
project lifecycle development and maintenance, communication,
resource allocation, testing, implementation, transition and
closing activities. Oversees and provides guidance to the personnel
responsible for Technology Credit Union's (Tech CU) portfolio of
projects. This position also requires the incumbent to serves as
primary Project Manager on critical, large-scale, or complex
cross-functional projects, or as assigned by the Executive
Committee. Responsibilities Essential Duties
- Leads a team of professionals on a highly visible and complex
portfolio of programs across the enterprise to increase the
probability that projects, both operational and technology, deliver
per requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Defines and manages the governance processes to plan,
prioritize, track, and align work efforts across all projects and
- Manages the development implementation of the PMO strategy and
institutionalize the project life cycle methodology.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance including in
application of traditional and Agile project management
- Guides and develops strategic plans related to program and
project management best practices in collaboration with business,
strategy, finance and operational units.
- Collaborates with business partners, as well as, strategy,
technology and finance teams for demand management, strategic scope
and prioritization including identifying and analyzing needs.
- Responsible for the administration and user adoption of all
project management related tools such as KeyedIn, JIRA and
- Works with cross-functional teams to implement recommendations
based on business impact and technical feasibility; leads
cross-functional efforts to optimize and measure the business
impact of recommended changes.
- Identifies and confirms internal/external partners and
resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Establishes project portfolio status and communication
reporting standards, metrics, and calculation and oversee reporting
out to executive leaders and key stakeholder groups.
- Facilitates lessons learned and retrospective discussions.
- Applies and utilizes the Agile framework as well as traditional
project management skills as appropriate.
- Manages the project intake and approval process.
- Creates and continually updates standard documentation
templates to be utilized throughout all steps of a project
- Leads teams in process improvement execution. Develops
strategic direction for process engineering to optimize
- Conducts needs assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation
and sustainment of change to meet business objectives. Recommends
prioritization of improvement projects to meet business objectives,
enhance the member experience, consolidate efforts, and maximize
use of resources.
- Manages special projects upon request. Work Schedule Full-time;
typically 40 hours/week Flexible within core business hours, M-F
Occasional extended early morning or late evening hours, and
weekends Workplace Essentials
- Supports Tech CU's Mission & Vision and consistently
demonstrates Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, &
- Meets with manager on a regular basis to discuss goal
alignment, performance metrics and development plans.
- Complies with Tech CU policies and procedures.
- Complies with requirements imposed by federal, state and local
- Adheres to internal controls and security measures designed to
ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate losses and errors.
Qualifications Education: B.S. Degree in Business, Project
Management, MIS, Computer Science, or related area is required. A
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required. A
Program Management Professional (PgMP) is preferred. A Certified
Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner is preferred.
- 7-10 years of directly related experience in project and
- 3 years of managing employees (or team leadership)
- Experience and familiarity working with Portfolio and Resource
- Familiar with change management methodologies such as ADKAR
(awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, reinforcement) and the
Kotter method to create a comprehensive project communication
- Familiar with process improvement methodologies such as six
sigma, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) and
value stream mapping to facilitate project team analyzes of
business processes and recommended solutions. This includes
conducting process mapping sessions and creating process
- Prior contract negotiations experience is required.
- Lean Agile experience is required.
- Prior experience with managing projects for financial
institutions is preferred.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and an
enterprise portfolio as large as $15 million dollars in budgetary
size and scope.
- Experience with incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Must be able to align project objectives to the companies'
strategic objectives as set forth by executive management.
- Familiarity with financial institution software solutions,
business processes and requirements.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning capabilities, and
ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities in a
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation
skills, and facilitation skills including the ability to present to
all levels of the organization, external vendors and business
- Self-motivated, creative and committed to the work at
- Knowledge and expertise in project management tools such as
Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with JIRA,
Confluence and Project Portfolio Management tools such as
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to senior management.
Equipment Used: Routinely uses standard office equipment, including
computer, phone, copier and other devices. Physical Requirements:
- Typical office environment with frequent sitting, walking and
- Ability to sit -85% of the day.
- Ability to keyboard and read computer screen for -65% of the
time during which one is seated.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with some weeks requiring
extra hours, including weekends and evenings, to complete projects
(if required) EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Technology Credit Union
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified employees and
applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age,
disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. This is a grade 15 position, with a salary range from
$110,700 to $177,300 with bonus potential of 15%. The anticipated
range for new hires is between the low-end and midpoint of the
range, depending on experience. Tech CU is a pay-for performance
organization that benchmarks base pay to the 50 th percentile of
our market and we provide incentive-based compensation aligned with
successful accomplishment of individual and corporate goals. The
salary mentioned above is based on working in San Jose, CA.
Salaries are based on the geographic location in which you live if
working remotely. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Technology Credit Union, San Jose , PMO Director, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!