M&A Integration Support Manager
Company: PayPal, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 22, 2021
M&A Integration Support Manager in San Jose at PayPal Job
Description Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to
financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is
committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people
and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The First Line of Defense Center of Excellence (FLOD COE) is
seeking a day to day lead to support budget planning and
requirement gathering for the successful integration of new PayPal
entities and acquisitions within GCCI. This role will also
collaborate across the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines of defense to ensure
risk and compliance implications are proactively evaluated and
addressed as part of the development and implementation of
strategic business decisions. This person should have a proven
ability to influence and make key decisions - and thrive - in a
highly matrixed environment. This role will require a strong
partnership across all functional areas, lines of business and
support areas (business owners, risk owners, etc.) to drive clear
and transparent execution and reporting.
Responsibilities:The First Line of Defense (FLOD), M&A
Integration Support Manager in the First Line of Defense Center of
Excellence (FLOD COE), under GCCI, will be required to:
- Support the development and execution of new acquisition
integration plans for GCCI
- Identify the impacts and requirements for successful
integration of new acquisitions with GCCI functional areas
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure
key milestones are met and escalate any deviations from the
integration plan and/or timelines in a timely manner
- Participate in various meetings with key workstream
stakeholders to ensure appropriate risk and compliance expertise is
provided throughout the integration process, as needed
- Prepare and provide updates on the progress and status of new
acquisition integration on a regular basis or as otherwise
- Maintain detailed roadmaps for each integration plan
- Participate and lead post-integration evaluations to identify
opportunities for improvement and advancement of GCCI integration
maturity. Incorporate any learnings into the appropriate procedures
and playbook as needed.
- Support various risk management projects and initiatives as
assigned for multiple business units
- Other initiatives as assignedJob Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years relevant experience required. Minimum of 2 years work
experience directly related to Operational Risk and project
- Advanced knowledge of compliance requirements, internal
controls and process and operational risk practices, including
strong project management skills
- Establish global relationships with business units, support
groups throughout the organization. Work with peer leaders to
leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to
the implementation of process improvements
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing
courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Persistently manages problems effectively; deals with
challenges constructively and positively; maintains productivity
and high-performance levels under pressure
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems
with effective solutions
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing
priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle
projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to develop and present senior leader level
- "Dealing With Ambiguity" - Can effectively cope with change;
can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- "Command Skills" - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if
necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn't afraid to
end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces
adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- "Drive For Results" - Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- "Action Oriented" - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and
full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not
fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more
opportunities than others.
- "Interpersonal Savvy" - Relates well to all kinds of people,
up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
- "Peer Relationships" - Can quickly find common ground and solve
problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests
and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with
a minimum of noise. Easily gains trust and support of peers.
- "Priority Setting" - Spends his/her time and the time of others
on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts
the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- "Process Management" - Good at figuring out the processes
necessary to get things done, understands how to separate and
combine tasks into efficient work flow, and can see opportunities
for synergy and integration where others can't.--
- "Comfort Around Higher Management" - Can deal comfortably with
more senior managers, understands how senior managers think and
work and can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and
positive.Our world-class culture is something we're proud of. We're
committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you
realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal's sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time
off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for
how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
R0066136 Together, we'll build a world of
economic opportunity. Grow your career with us. Please access our
internal career opportunities while connected to our corporate
network. Questions about a position or an application?
We have answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Keywords: PayPal, Inc., San Jose , M&A Integration Support Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!