Company: Analog Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Director, Product Definition - Power ICs Applications
Engineering, Engineering Management California,--San Jose Director,
Product Definition Position Overview: Our Client is a highly
successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing
sites around the world, they design award-winning semiconductors
that make the world more integrated. They reward bold thinking,
teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make
a difference and be challenged every day? With our Client, the
possibilities are endless. Our Client is looking for an experienced
product definition leader with a track record of defining
successful power management products and leading a team of definers
and applications engineers. The successful candidate is expected to
work closely with customers, FAEs, and internal teams to develop
and support innovative products along with complete solution for
small and large customers in multiple end-markets. This is a high
visibility, exciting opportunity in Core Products Group to take a
winning product-line with a strong base of customers and take it to
the next level with responsibility for strategy, product plan, and
a global team. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, technical
competence in power electronics, curiosity and initiative. Your
insights, recommendations, and decisions will have a significant
impact on Company's growth and success in the broad market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive product plan with strategies and tactics:
- Work with customers, business managers, and field to recognize
market transition points and define innovative products and
- Understand system level architecture to identify key customer
problems and product opportunities for multiple end markets.
- Lead the team to crystallize relevant features and
specifications to develop product definition document.
- Products & Whole Solution:
- Define creative products in areas that include but not limited
to voltage regulators, protection, and multi-function MCMs
- Research competitive products, identify use cases to guide IC
design team, evaluate products in the lab, and rollout the product
and solution into market.
- Drive development of complete solution including datasheets,
user guides, simulation models, EMI, thermals, magnetics,
evaluation hardware & firmware.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional
development team that includes IC Design, Test, Packaging and
- Business Development Support:
- Develop application notes, reference designs, technical
articles, customer and field demos.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations to train customers
and FAEs to get unfair mindshare.
- Use support as a lever to win customers. Drive paper designs,
hardware, magnetics, passives, and appropriate vendor partnerships
to that end.
- Team Building and Resource Planning:
- Lead and expand the current team of engineers and technicians
with multiple locations.
- Budget lab equipment.
- Strong talent acquisition, people management and motivation
skills to drive a global team to perform higher than what they
think they can.
- Master's degree in electrical engineering plus minimum 10 years
of experience in power electronics preferably with exposure to
multiple end markets.
- Experience in proposing, defining and developing creative power
management ICs beyond a single customer or market.
- Ability to understand the system architecture, customers'
problems and needs, and to propose a solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, meet deadlines, and lead a
high performing team.
Keywords: Analog Group, San Jose , Director, Product, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!