Benefits Program Manager
Company: Lumentum Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2020
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Lumentum is seeking an experienced Benefits Program Manager to join
our Global Benefits team. Scope of responsibilities will include
primarily North America benefits; having global experience is a
plus. The ideal candidate is innovative, team oriented, an
effective communicator, has a desire to participate in change, and
appreciates a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
We are seeking someone with demonstrated work experience of
successfully owning complex programs, with a proven track record of
engaging with and influencing cross-functional teams and who will
embrace the tactical and strategic aspects of the role.
- Manage and administer our North America health & welfare plans
and wellness program, including the benefits plan design,
implementation, administration, and communication to achieve our
company's desired business results by aligning with our Total
- Responsible for the vendor relationships for optimal
productivity and performance with our benefits administrator,
benefits consultant/broker, as well as relationships with other
third-party vendors to deliver timely, targeted, and cost-efficient
- Provide exceptional and compassionate customer service
- Manage annual benefits enrollment and related events
- Participate in developing the benefits strategy for our
benefits products and creating buy-in for our program vision with
- Proactively look at industry trends to innovate and design
"best-in-class," scalable, and value-add benefits programs
- Continuously evolve programs and services to earn and keep
employee and business partner trust and to deliver a positive
- Coordinate with legal counsel and other internal stakeholders
to ensure benefit programs are in compliance with all applicable
regulatory and legislative requirements, including but not limited
to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA.
- Make recommendations on plan design,
integration/implementation, funding options, and opportunities to
reduce program and/or vendor expenses.
- Responsible for SPDs, 5500s, policies, procedures and other
benefit communications in accordance with federal and state
legislation and related deadlines
- Create, maintain, and deliver timely, relevant and effective
benefits training programs for program participants in partnership
with vendors, as applicable, to educate and increase employee
- Manage benefits projects through the entire life cycle,
coordinating the efforts of vendors, internal team members and
other business units.
- Prepare and distribute benefits communications to support new
associate onboarding, annual benefits renewals, new initiatives,
and creation of new benefit programs.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as
- Partner closely with Benefits Analyst team member
- Back-up to the Sr. Manager, Global Benefits
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, HR, or related field,
or equivalent with 10 years related to benefits experience
- Demonstrated work experience & knowledge in administering,
managing, and delivering successful North America benefits
programs, including leaves of absence and disability
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefit plan design, along with
the associated complexities of plan administration, associated
payroll processes, regulatory requirements and benefits program
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work independently, and in
a collaborative team environment.
- Proven work experience in managing plan harmonization and
integrations following acquisitions and mergers.
- Strong organization, time management, and project management
skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation,
excellent attention to detail and follow through. Ability to handle
confidential colleague information with discretion and exercise
- Essential technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office,
particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Sharepoint, HRIS (Workday,
Desired Skills and Experience
- Global benefits experience
Keywords: Lumentum Operations, San Jose , Benefits Program Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!