Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Employment, Media, & Community
Connections - EMCC Team /Work Type: Full-Time
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to
make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the
integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of
community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning
process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency,
providing a wide array of quality services for persons with
developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently
seeking a Program Manager for our Employment, Media, and Community
Connections ("EMCC") Program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition
Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans
About this Program Manager position:
The Program Manager Manages the full functions of a service center,
providing multiple services to consumers at multiple locations.
Supervision and staff development, program planning, and
implementation to meet agency, program and consumer goals. Develop
community awareness and facilitate inclusion of persons with
disabilities into the community. Provides budget development,
fiscal management, and grant management.
Principle Responsibilities of the Program Manager:
1. Provide leadership in program and business development. Write
service designs; make recommendations for new businesses, programs
2. Develop and manage departmental budgets for assigned services or
programs. Monitor and analyze monthly reports of income and expense
to assure targets are maintained.
3. Oversee all personnel actions including hiring, evaluation,
training, discipline and terminations. Provide training,
development, and orientation of staff.
4. Oversee and assure quality of service and business operations of
home department as well as external business operations as assigned
or developed in service center jurisdiction. Manage special
5. Develop and maintain external relationships with funders,
families and other agencies/businesses. Conduct tours and perform
presentations as needed.
6. Attend management, board and committee meetings, directs regular
departmental staff meetings. May lead Agency wide task force or
7. Assures compliance with Agency policies and procedures, and
Agency wide safety programs. Leads the implementation of the
program safety program.
8. Acts as a resource for other programs/departments, staff and the
community in area of concentration and /or expertise.
9. Develops program manuals, brochures and publications.
10. Provides direct service in program operations as needed to
assure adequate staffing ratios.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. Performs other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of
Minimum Qualifications :
The Program Manager should possess a Bachelors Degree in human
services plus four years of supervisory experience working with
people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment, or an
approved equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database and spreadsheet
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing,
and provide excellent customer service.
3. Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction toward
program and agency goals and vision, and facilitate quality
delivery of services and products to a wide range of internals and
4. Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision,
planning, fiscal management, fair employment practices,
regulations, safety, health and client rights
5. Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
6. Knowledge of rehabilitation and program development, relevant
legislation, rules and regulations.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team member, relate to
individuals with disabilities and their families, represent HOPE in
the social, business and community environment in which the agency
An enclosed office environment. Considerable amount of time spent
sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense
concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in
meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout three
counties. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Positions connected to a production environment are also exposed to
times of fast paced activity, loud noise and to dust and airborne
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Program Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!