Director, State Income and Franchise Tax
Company: Ryan, LLC
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 16, 2020
This position is located in Southern California, ideally in
either Los Angeles or San Diego. We are seeking an individual with
State and Local Tax experience. If the individual is currently a
Director and ready for a promotion or a Partner, Managing Director
or Partner in a Big Four or Regional Firm, this position can be
upgraded to a Principal level.
The State Income and Franchise Tax Director ("Director") leads a
team to provide complex consulting services to corporate clients.
The Director will diagnose, develop, and implement solutions for
client tax needs. The Director will also direct tax research,
formulate tax plans, and perform tax reviews.Duties and
responsibilities, as they align to Ryan's Key Results
- Leads team in developing project workplans and scheduling
associated project deliverables.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times;
being a team player and able to multitask and adjust to changing
- Acts as a mentor, guiding team members on their career
- When necessary, defends client tax positions in court.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and with the firm's
- Travels to client locations to gather information.
- Performs as the oversight to the quality of work performed by
the team for clients.
- Assists with client billing and financial forecasting.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax
- Manages complex income/franchise tax projects, including audit
defense, managed audits, managed compliance, reverse audits, and
- Works effectively in a complex, deadline-driven
- Handles tasks in a timely manner and with a high degree of
- Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive
- Possesses solid analytical aptitude, research, and
- Utilizes strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading
- Reviews documentation and researches issues.
- Effectively delegates work among team.
- Prepares and files amended state corporate income and franchise
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
with at least ten years of related experience. Candidates for this
position will possess extensive experience on multi-state
engagements. Candidates will be considered an expert with regards
to multistate tax law and will have extensive knowledge of case
law, trends and the appeals process. Candidates will have strong
relationships among clients and tax authorities and will possess
multiple years of experience managing and mentoring teams of
employees to complete client engagements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
intermediate knowledge of Microsoft-- Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required.
Directly supervises employees in the State Income/Franchise Tax
practice and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the Firm's policies and applicable laws.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at
- Occasional long periods of standing while copying.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and
clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 25 to 50%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: Ryan, LLC, San Jose , Director, State Income and Franchise Tax, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!