Dir Product Management
Company: CDK Global
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative
innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging
enterprise software products. Were building and developing cloud
technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original
equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic
product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows
through our customer, the auto dealer. Its time you joined an
evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. Its time you were a
part of something bigger.
Were expanding our workforce engineers, architects, developers and
more onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep
pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success
and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an
excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional
opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new
If youre ready for high-impact, youre ready for CDK.
The Director, Product Management directs the strategic plans of the
product management function for the organization and ensures
product offerings meet the needs of CDK Globals customers. This
jobs primary responsibility is to lead a comprehensize product
strategy from product conception and definition through end of
life. The Director, Product Management ensures the effective and
efficient operation of the department to provide quality
deliverables and achieve desired departmental results.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Directs the strategic plans of the product management function
for the organization.
* Explores, develops, and evaluates new product ideas, enhancements
to existing products, and strategic product extensions; translates
research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
* Researches and understands competitive landscape and potential
new markets in order to design effective product strategies.
* Assesses market requirements, investigates new technologies, and
determines strategic direction for new and existing products.
* Appraises new product ideas to determine their potential to
address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth and
* Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit
* Directs those involved in the design, modification, and
evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of
* Coordinates with various functions including Engineering,
Marketing, and Sales to establish product specifications and ensure
successful product development and implementation.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how
to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
* Responsible for capacity planning and continual assessments for
process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented,
sustainable, and scalable.
* Implements, assesses, and adapts departmental plans and
priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient
operation of the team.
* Provides leadership to managers; may also provide leadership to
supervisors and/or professional staff.
* Responsible for the results of the team as it relates to
achievement of departmental/team goals, budget adherence, project
management, resource allocation, and employee
* Identifies, develops, and pursues ongoing opportunities to
increase the efficiency and effectiveness of team processes and
* Ensures function is in compliance with all policies, procedures,
and legal regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelors degree with at least 12 years of programming
* At least 10 years of project management, industry, or marketing
* At least 5 years of experience in people management/leading
* Automotive industry expert in their area of responsibility
(Parts, Vehicles, Marketing, etc.)
* Knowledge of the key data suppliers and potential partners in
their area of responsibility
* A professional Marketing or product management qualification; OR
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have
family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on.
Thats why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only
take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are
effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid
time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your
community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value
and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different
perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran
Keywords: CDK Global, San Jose , Dir Product Management, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!