Senior Manager, Laptop Segment
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 16, 2020
About the role
Are you ready to work as part of a team to assist the growth of
Arms Laptop and tablet business to the next level?We are looking
for an experienced product marketing professional with a background
in consumer electronics industry. You will develop a deep
understanding of the Laptop/PC segment, its technical requirements
and key players, strategies for business success, and GTM
activities. In this role, you will work closely with a variety of
colleagues in the Client business line and across Arm as well as
interacting with our OEM, Silicon and OS Partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- Capture the market landscape, customer dynamics and technology
trends for key sub-segments of the market and based on this
understanding develop strategies for the business
- Drive the creation of Marketing Requirement Specifications
aligned with the business strategies that shape our technology and
- Work with the commercial team to develop and maintain a market
model to allow accurate forecasting of revenue over a 10-year
- Creation of partner account strategies and outbound marketing
to support go to market and design win activities.
Critical success factors:
- Eye for business can develop an understanding of market
landscape and business challenges
- Driving unchartered, high paced programs with some direction
- Recent experience in the IP, semiconductor or high-tech space;
Ability to synthesis and analyze requirements from a wide variety
- Presence and Communications - can build and facilitate
engagement and dialogue to bring new requirements into the
organization. Open communication in stressful situations. Validated
ability to influence at all levels in a matrix organization
- Organized, focusing, and bring new insights into the
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a proven
track record to communicate technical concepts with different
audiences, including technical team members and partners
What skills, experience, & qualifications do I need?
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior Segment/Product
marketing or business development role in a relevant field
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information
Systems, Computer Science.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
The role will suit someone with previous experience of working in a
fast paced, dynamic environment. This role requires someone with
excellent communication, employee engagement and organisational
- Communications-experienced communicator with a good command of
the English language and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Partner focus - a commitment to quality service delivery for
all partners (internal and external)
- Collaboration and communication ability to build good working
relationships quickly which are based upon mutual trust, open
communication and sharing of information.
- Creativity and innovation - a passion for driving continuous
improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of
- Impact and influence listening to different perspectives,
evaluating, persuading and carefully shaping work to deliver truly
- Deliver on your promises - a can-do attitude, with the
flexibility to prioritise tasks and act with a thoughtful sense of
urgency. A self-starter, who is organised, motivated and enjoys
delivering actions to a high-standard.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflects our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arms goals.
Keywords: ARM, San Jose , Senior Manager, Laptop Segment, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!