Sr. Network Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Position: Sr. Network Engineer - Cloud InfrastructureLocation: San Jose, CAAt Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that's disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world's leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
At Zscaler, we continue to build a world-class cloud operations team and are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, results oriented Principal Network Engineer, with experience in a globally distributed data center and cloud environment. We are growing fast as our customers are moving security from the LAN to the cloud and we need bright, innovative people to help us drive this leading-edge and disruptive technology.
As a member of our Network Engineering team, your primary responsibility is to help scale our rapidly growing global network infrastructure. This includes the development and support of our expanding next-generation architecture, enabling high scale growth and increasing stability and performance.
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
Responsibilities / What You'll Do:
- Partner with business units to best understand the organization's needs and how it relates to our global network infrastructure and security posturing
- Design and implement new network
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of new data centers and campus locations
- Management of multiple high-visibility, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Thrive in our world class Network Engineering and Information Security team, supporting our 24/7 revenue-generating systems and infrastructure
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them
Responsibilities / Your Background:
- 8+ years of experience working to support network systems in a high-capacity, high-impact customer facing, critical network infrastructure
- Expert experience with routing protocols, VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
- Working knowledge of Juniper, Arista, and Cisco equipment highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage mission critical, highly visible infrastructure projects to completion.
- Experience with designing, monitoring, and maintaining customer facing production services with carrier-grade reliability
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow)
- Understanding of security-policy implementation details and how to manage design and support of network environments to maintain policy integrity
- Participate in site capacity planning and modeling
- Familiarity with UNIX operating systems is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Zscaler, San Jose , Sr. Network Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!