Senior Storage Engineer
Company: Calabria Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Calabria Group/Dynamic Staffing is searching for a Senior Storage Engineer to join our client in San Jose CA. Join a team that provides some of the latest touch technology used all around us. Our client is a solid top tier employer who is on the cutting edge of consumer technology. This position requires excellent communication and team interaction as well as the ability to work independently during different phases. If you feel you meet the below requirements we would love to talk with you! Apply NOW! Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for NAS storage infrastructure system management including capacity planning, snapshots, performance monitoring/ tuning, security management etc.
- Provide Netapp infrastructure support for projects
- Configuring and troubleshooting SnapMirror, SnapVault, V-Filer, NFS, CISFS and SAN( FC and ISCSI) Environment
- Snapshot, Lunclone, flexclone management
- Performing daily health check to monitor the usage of LUN, Aggregate and volume utilization.
- Create Standard Operational Procedure documents for efficiently managing the NAS infrastructures in the client environment.
- Manage security initiatives and processes as they pertain to data storage.
- Communicate problem resolutions to other team members and management, and own or participate in problem management process.
- Coordinate and assist in technical storage equipment installation/de-installation and relocation of services.
- Provide escalation support for all storage related problems.
- Maintain storage problem records and documentation, and operating procedures.
- Coordinate all storage monitoring activates to ensure optimal performance.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the enterprise storage environment.
- Responsible for performing production support activities for assigned storage systems to ensure the integrity and availability of the environment.
- Perform supporting file sharing across the environment and the integration of enterprise storage with Microsoft Windows, Citrix, and VMWare virtual server environment.
- Install, upgrade, repair, maintain, and retire production and test environments to meet business demands and profile future enhancements.
- Configure, Implement, deploy, and support technologies including converged technology, MAS and SAN environments, fiber channel switched fabric, and associated physical and virtual servers.
- Provide efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines backup, recovery, archival procedures..
- Installs, configures, tests, and implements storage software and hardware.
- Maintains and modifies backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs.
- Troubleshoots storage related issues and takes appropriate actions.
- Generates reports and analysis on storage usage.
- Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products. Job Qualifications
- 10+ years System Administrator level experience with industry standard SAN and NAS based solutions.
- Backup and Archive technology including Cohesity, netbackup, Amazon Glacier & Google cloud
- Hands-on experience with management and monitoring tools such as Netapp Unisphere/Navisphere, Secure Shell, EMC, pure storage, SANTricity and Treesize.
- Experience using NetApp E-Series systems.
- Scripting and Automation skills
- Virtual Machine
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Linux
- Able to handle unforseen situations
- Excellent team player capabilities
- Job requires work after hour and weekends plus on call for Priority 1 issues. - provided by Dice Storage engineer NAS Netapp NETAPP VMWARE Systems Admin Architect
Keywords: Calabria Group, San Jose , Senior Storage Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!