Senior Network Engineer
Company: A10 Networks
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Are you up for the challenge? Join us and make your impact on the future as our next: Senior Network Engineer As an Senior Network Engineer, you will directly interact with customers and other functional groups within A10 Networks to troubleshoot, identify and resolve product, configuration or network related issues. You will capture and document details and events in the CRM application throughout the solution discovery process. Also you will participate in bug verification process before a software patch code is released to the customers. You are the key resource to ensure customer satisfaction with A10s products and services. Job Description:
- Primary responsibility is to assist level 2 support engineering to manage, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex networking problems
- Provide advanced configuration recommendation and assistance in customer deployments.
- Recreate reported issues in lab with customers configuration and topology.
- Work with sustaining, development, SQA, and hardware engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware defects.
- Perform verification testing on customer reported defects.
- Analyze data traces and debugs using protocol analyzers to identify anomalies and determine solutions.
- Ensure customers reported issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Document chronicle events, troubleshooting steps and current status in the CRM tool.
- Create solutions and FAQs and drive improvement in software supportability features Qualifications:
- 5+ years of working experience in the data networking industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- BS/MS in a computer related field or equivalent work experience.
- Any of the advanced networking certifications is preferred (CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, or JNCIP).
- In depth knowledge and experience troubleshooting Layer-2/3 protocols for example, VLANs, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, IPv4/6, ARP, RIP, NAT, and Layer-4 protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of application protocols, HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, RTSP, SIP, Diameter, and DNS.
- Experience with firewalls, network security, and/or Application Delivery Switches (Server Load Balancers) is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Previous escalation or senior engineer experience preferred.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Experience providing support to direct customers, resellers, and field personnel in resolving product related issues.
- Contribute to technical documentation/knowledge base for internal and/or external use. A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: A10 Networks, San Jose , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!