Senior Electrical Engineer - Microcontroller and Sensors
Company: Archer Aviation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 21, 2023
What You'll Do
- Develop detailed electrical system requirements based on design
functional needs, then design complete electrical systems to meet
- Complete detailed design layouts and/or supervise design
- Use simulations, prototypes, engineering tests, detailed
electrical measurements to ensure your designs work as
- Design processor and communication architectures and select
suitable microcontrollers for implementation
- Design power supply, communication, sensing, and measurement
- Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, safety
and manufacturing engineers to optimize your design for overall
- Develop and execute engineering validation plans to verify your
design meets all requirements.
What You Need
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant electrical system and circuit board design
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to design a PCBA from a blank sheet to
- Understanding of analog and power circuits (MOSFETs, op-amps,
switching regulators, gate drivers, etc.).
- Experience designing PCBAs to avoid electromagnetic
interference,minimizing stray inductance and capacitance,
separating power/signal planes.
- Experience designing PCBAs for high-speed
- Experience with component selection, including simulation,
tolerance, variance, power dissipation etc.
- Skilled using electrical engineering tools like oscilloscopes,
network analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, semiconductor
- Experience shipping high-volume electronics products.
- Experience designing for mission critical systems using
fail-safe and redundant designs.
- Strong embedded programming ability.
- Experience designing electrical systems for aerospace or
- Hands on experience with aviation DO-160G testing and DO-254
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that
possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business.
We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that
supports the Company's business strategy. For this position we are
targeting a base pay between $134,400 - $168,000. Actual
compensation offered will be determined by factors such as
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Keywords: Archer Aviation, San Jose , Senior Electrical Engineer - Microcontroller and Sensors, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!