Applications Engineer, Staff
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Applications Engineer, Staff
USA - California - California, USA - California - Mountain
View/Sunnyvale, USA - California - San Diego, USA - California -
San Jose, USA - Texas - Austin, USA - USA
Job Description and Requirements
The primary focus of the Customer Solutions, Methodology and
Services Application Engineer is to drive critical technical
collaborations with our Customers. In this position you will
recommend and develop flows and methodologies to meet customers PPA
criteria and resolve 3D Integrated Circuit design challenges. The
job involves working closely with users/customers and Synopsys
multiple organizations such as R&D, Marketing & Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- In line with the business targets, closely works with the
customer design engineers to help them achieve their design goals
by reviewing and influencing their design methodology and/or
developing specific flows around Synopsys tools.
- Collaborates with the Sales & Marketing to identify and
understand customer's technical design challenges, and implements
appropriate solutions leveraging the broad Synopsys EDA tools
- Supports customer activities via remote technical interactions,
driving evaluations, resolving technical problems, addressing
challenges and regularly communicating progress status up to VP
- Influences the EDA products development roadmap by
communicating customer needs to the Product teams.Key
- Deep domain knowledge in 3D IC, package design and IC design.
Participated in multiple chip tape-outs preferably at 16nm and
below nodes. Design experience should include multi-chip design,
3DIC design, PnR, timing closure, eco flows and ASIC
- Deep Synopsys tools and flows knowledge are required, in
addition to solid knowledge of scripting languages such as tcl,
python, perl, unix shell
- Knowledge of timing corners/modes, process variations and
signal integrity related issues are required.
- BS/MS in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience combining tech skills of
design execution and/or CAD support
- Ability to work as part of a global team, collaborating tightly
with peers across multiple geographies and to interact with
external customers up to managers level
- Proven technical communication (oral and written) skills.
- Fluent in English.The base salary range across the U.S. for
this role is between $117,000-$204,000. In addition, this role may
be eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary
bonuses. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and
financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards
package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number
of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and
education. Your recruiter can share more specific details on the
total rewards package upon request.
Base Salary Range
Keywords: Synopsys, San Jose , Applications Engineer, Staff, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...