Manufacturing Engineer (Entry Level)
Company: Jabil Malaysia
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING
BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees
across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most
technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions
provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market
experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing
know-how, supply chain insights and global product management
expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are
driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each
other, our communities, and the environment.SUMMARYDo you enjoy
hands on engineering, solving complex problems, and continuous
improvement? -Jabil is looking for Manufacturing Engineers to work
at our San Jose, CA manufacturing facility! In this position you
will be monitoring/sustaining existing equipment and processes as
well as supporting the development/installation of new equipment.
This can include designing, fabricating, modifying, evaluating, and
documenting machining assemblies, components, and systems to
produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing
operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs
and notes required to present design proposals. Research basic
design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of
materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by
design development. Monitor the quality and efficiency performance
for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement
through process development, root cause analysis and systematic
problem solving; utilize data from CIQ, TARS and other sources as
appropriate.This a great opportunity for mechanical and
manufacturing engineers looking for a hands-on position within
manufacturing that can offer work variety, growth, and
stability!Multiple positions available!DUTIES AND
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput,
including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common
- Monitor machine management data to maximize utilization and
minimize machine-generated scrap.
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining
processes and systems.
- Create and maintain wave and reflow soldering profiles.
- Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances
for products and components, and result in solder quality that
meets IPC-610B requirements (or other applicable standard).
- Design and / or procure production tooling, including stencils,
vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures
- Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities,
including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and
scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS,
etc.) using the approved communication process.
- Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within
the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security
policy.JOB QUALIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a
Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil's
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only
occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret graphs.EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related
- 1-2 years of engineering experience preferably in a
manufacturing environment or a combination of experience and
- Experience with FMEAs and PCBs highly desiredBENEFITS WITH
JABILAlong with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be
challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that
includes:--- - - - - - - - - - - - Medical, Dental, and Vision
Plans with HRA and HSA options--- - - - - - - - - - - - 401K--- - -
- - - - - - - - - Employee Stock Purchase Plans--- - - - - - - - -
- - - Time off--- - - - - - - - - - - - Tuition Reimbursement--- -
- - - - - - - - - - Pet Insurance--- - - - - - - - - - - - Adoption
Assistance--- - - - - - - - - - - - Annual Merit Increases--- - - -
- - - - - - - - Community Volunteer OpportunitiesApply Today!BE
AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be
contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a
jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the
Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil
does not request payments for interviews or at any other point
during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal
identifying information such as a social security number, birth
certificate, financial institution, driver's license number or
passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe
you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of
Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal
Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov)
and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should
be reported to whatever website it was posted in.Jabil, including
its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jabil Malaysia, San Jose , Manufacturing Engineer (Entry Level), Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!