Engineer, R&D PV Circuit Design & Process
Company: Job Juncture
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job description: Our client is hiring a R&D PV Circuit
Design & Process Engineer to help design the next generation solar
roofing product.You will work cross-functionally with reliability,
electrical systems, building integration, and manufacturing teams.
You will join a dynamic team that aims to develop a
building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) product that is high power,
durable, cost effective, and manufacturable at scale.You will be
responsible for developing new methods for interconnecting solar
cells and in-laminate power electronics.What will you do?
- Development: Through a combination of simulation and hands-on
laboratory work, you will envision, design, and prototype new
circuit designs, PV cell interconnection, and integration of
in-laminate power electronics.
- Equipment: You will be responsible for identifying, purchasing,
and and improving equipment to ensure robust and highly replicable
soldering and/or welding.
- Testing: You will develop and implement test protocols to
evaluate the impact of circuit design and process changes. You will
ensure all circuits meet performance and reliability standards
through rigorous laboratory and field testing.
- Innovation: You will work with material and equipment
suppliers, as well as collaborators, to improve electrical
performance using new module materials and across variable
environmental conditions (thermal cycling, partial shading,
- Problem Solving: You can quickly process large amounts of
information, assess critical issues, and resolve problems in a
timely manner using critical thinking.
- Leadership: You will act as a professional resource and mentor
with detailed knowledge and knowhow in product development
(R&D, competitive assessment, cost, deployment in
manufacturing). Qualifications: What do we require from you?
- Minimum MSc or B.S. Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering,
or Materials Engineering or equivalent. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of laboratory experience in photovoltaic,
semiconductor, or equivalent R&D environment
- Ability to design, optimize, and fabricate circuits of varying
complexity. Direct experience with solar cell interconnection
(stringing, shingling, etc.) preferred.
- Hands-on soldering experience is required. The candidate must
understand what fundamentally makes a good and bad solder joint and
how to test/ evaluate them.
- An understanding of functionality and integration of electrical
components relevant to photovoltaic modules (solar cells, bypass
diodes, optimizers, etc.)
- An understanding of common electrical failures and safety risks
of PV modules and systems of various sizes
- Excellent analytical skills with solid statistical
- Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis (SPICE)
software and experimental and data analysis software skills
(Comsol, Ansys, SolidWorks, Python, JMP) preferred
- Some manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong communications skills and the ability to balance and
prioritize competing tasks
- Self-starter with proven record of innovation, problem solving
and delivering technical solutions in a timely manner
- Experience with defining engineering specifications for
processes, testing and quality controls (SPC) for high-volume
production based on customer requirements
- Willing and able to spend significant time in laboratory and
pilot scale environment
- Willing and able to travel within USA and Globally up to 15% of
your work time
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal
and external functional teams verbally, in writing, and via
presentations Why is This a Great Opportunity: Excellent company
culture and generous benefits (sign on , performance, long term)
are part of the compensation plan. They also have a generous 401K
contribution before matching.Salary Type : Annual SalarySalary Min
: 140000Salary Max : 170000Currency Type : US Dollars
Keywords: Job Juncture, San Jose , Engineer, R&D PV Circuit Design & Process, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!