Senior Field Applications Engineer - Power
Company: Analog Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Senior Field Applications Engineer - Power Applications
Engineering, Field Applications California, -San Jose Senior Field
Applications Engineer - Power Position Overview: We are looking for
a FAE to be a part of a team of field application engineers
dedicated to our major communication, networking and data center
customers. The candidate will be responsible for recognizing and
pursuing opportunities at our customers, with the vision to
identify and influence new revenues for our company. This involves
being a valued consultant to the customer, as well as working with
marketing, and product lines to position the best system solutions
tailored to customer needs. The candidate must:
- Have strong decision-making and creative problem-solving
abilities, and will possess a clear understanding of the critical
success factors in selling at strategic customers.
- Possess and grow consultative relationships at strategic
- Have a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and
capability of proposing full systems level solutions.
- Be a self-directed, dedicated, insightful individual who is
fully capable of functioning both independently and as part of a
- Have a strong technical background to conceive of and propose
multiple solutions, analyze tradeoffs, and understand needs vs.
wants to influence customer designs. You would be responsible for:
- Working with some of the top strategic accounts.
- Understanding system level requirements and design experience
in communications systems.
- Consulting in power systems design and driving power strategy
at the customer and internally.
- Supervision of AEs and FAE(s) to leverage knowledge and skill
set for the benefit of the customers.
- Working with internal business units and customer to drive
strategy and new product definition.
- Identify and support other a wide range of technologies beyond
power that are used in customer's system.
- Working with the customer where new products or special
technical requirements need to be defined.
- Developing and proposing new products to Business Unit Product
Lines to fill customers' long term needs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships at all levels with
strategic and key customers.
- Supporting customers through all phases of development from
concept to mass production.
- Consulting Product lines, Sales, and applications on system
- Conducting technical sessions or seminars on company analog and
mixed signal products.
- Monitoring industry trends and developments to anticipate
- Understanding the customer's whole system structure/block
diagram and being able to identify where company's parts can be
sold for benefit of optimizing company's revenue with a system
level perspective. -Qualifications:
- BSEE or equivalent - MSEE preferred.
- 5-8 years' experience in product development, design and/or
field applications engineering or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Power, analog and mixed signal circuit applications/design at
the board/system level.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
between multiple projects and set priorities.
- Team focus, dedicated to team collaboration, optimization of
resources and skills.
- Capability to present to and work with all levels of
management, sales, and engineering.
- Ability to coach/teach/help others with design issues.
- Good lab measurement and debug skills.
- Ability to deliver convincing presentations.
Keywords: Analog Group, San Jose , Senior Field Applications Engineer - Power, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!