Engineering Leader, Sustenance Engineering
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations
manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to
back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data
against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we're encouraged to think
big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers.
Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep
We've been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are
prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN's Coolest
As a Leader of the Customer Engineering team at Cohesity, you will
inspire, lead and manage a distributed team of software engineers.
The customer Engineering team at Cohesity is responsible for
triaging, development, patches, processes, policies, and procedures
that maintain high-quality service levels and continuously improve
product scalability and stability.
In this role, you will lead a distributed team to execute and
collaborate with all other cross-functional stakeholders
(engineering, product management, hosting, and customer success
You will be the focal point that leads to driving efficient closure
on all technical and procedural sustaining issues at Cohesity. This
includes identifying issues and opportunities, defining the best
correction path, implementation, and close-the-loop communications
to all relevant stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving some of our most
strategic technical projects, delivering large-scale systems,
designing new software systems at the innovative distributed
systems technologies, and having a significant impact on the
success of Cohesity.
- Is responsible for the development of effective feedback
mechanisms and ensures progressive and proactive improvements.
- Represent critical accounts programs from engineering and lead
customer situations and be the point of contact to coordinate and
resolve customer issues holistically.
- Direct and resolve customer issues working with customer
support, professional services, and core engineering teams.
- Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on
execution, quality, and speed
- A hands-on technical leader who can guide the team through
tough architectural decisions and communicate effectively with
- Be a strong partner to peer teams such as quality engineering,
professional services, customer support, and other engineering
teams with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Be a strong mentor and coach to the team. Champion innovation
in the organization.
- Continuously streamline the process to effectively improve the
response and resolution to customers.
- Drive weekly patch releases effectively with quality as the
- Own internal and external dashboards and key performance
metrics as it relates to customer satisfaction.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience building and leading geo-distributed engineering
- Strong experience with distributed system architecture.
- Solid leadership experience in customer engineering or
- Track record of recruiting top talent to build and scale
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting priorities and make quick
decisions in a dynamic environment
- Led critical accounts end to end and drive actions by working
with several stakeholders.
- Be a part of a critical account process and represent
Data Privacy Notice For Job Candidates
For information on personal data processing, please see our Privacy
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity
or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category
protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or
are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online
application process and need an alternative method for applying,
you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or firstname.lastname@example.org for
Cohesity requires all employees who enter its U.S. offices to be
fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide
documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law
regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not
vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability
or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply
to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity
Keywords: Cohesity, San Jose , Engineering Leader, Sustenance Engineering, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!