Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 6, 2022
About UST/ Who we are:
- UST Global is a leading digital technology services company
that provides Advanced Computing and Digital Innovation Services to
large private and public enterprises around the world. We are
transforming lives, leading companies through critical digital
transformations, transforming their businesses and the lives of
- Powered by the mantra 'Fewer clients, more attention' UST
Global specializes in six next generation digital services -
design, cyber security, mobile, social, analytics and cloud.
- Headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, UST Global has over
30,000 associates operating in 25 + countries across 4
- As a Principal Engineer in Firmware Verification Engineering,
you will design and implement test cases for specific FW feature
sets and verify product functionality and robustness across
different scenarios, with a focus on white-box testing
methodologies. You will work hand in hand with a product
development team to understand product architecture, internal
features, and ensure product testability is considered throughout
the design phase. As the product progresses, you will contribute to
test strategy, work on test deployment, and help in performing
failure analysis to debug FW/test issues to harden product FW. You
are an independent problem solver with excellent communication
skills who can work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
You have good proficiency in C and python and are familiar with the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own test modules through all phases of development: from
analyzing requirements, writing test plans, conducting reviews, and
implementing tests, to performing failure analysis and driving test
deployment in a production environment.
- Collaborate with the FW team on feature design reviews to
identify key risk areas and create a comprehensive test strategy to
validate the feature.
- Develop tests to thoroughly validate FW features as part of a
world class validation team.
- Work on validation initiatives with our internal partners to
improve testing capability, efficiency, and robustness, including
development and deployment of new test infrastructure and
- Support automated testing on PCIe/NVMe storage products with
FW/test builds and triage failures effectively to root cause,
whether it is product, tests, infrastructure, automation, or
- Participate in bug swarm meetings. Seek to understand problems,
propose effective design-of-experiment to debug to root cause,
create new solutions/tests that succinctly resolve, isolate, and
Keywords: UST, San Jose , Firmware Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!