Reliability Engineer - Enterprise Data Center (Colocation - North San Jose)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver
technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some
of the most exciting companies on the planet.
We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model
that helps our clients be positively productive by matching
exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT
With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world,
we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable
and innovative organizations.
Skills Needed: Knowledge of PTC Windchill, Monte Carlo Simulations,
Block Diagrams, Symbols, Blue Prints, Schematics, Power, Cooling
Systems, High Voltage, Pumps, CAD, Reliability Block Diagrams
(RBDs), Single Line Diagrams (SLDs), Mechanical, Electrical.
Our Data Center Engineer will be heavily involved in the design of
the datacenter collocations, infrastructure hardware, and provide
technical consultations. You will be responsible for supporting
reliability modeling for large industrial cooling and high voltage
systems. You will perform routine aspects of engineering
assignments requiring knowledge and application of engineering
principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to
prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project
Our Data Center Engineer will build/create all drawings for
datacenter POP's and develop/write Scopes of Work (SOW) for new POP
builds as well as create detailed installation MOP's (Method of
Procedure) for multiple types of optical transport and switching
equipment, overheads (fiber raceway, ladder, basket) and power
A key element in this role will be communicating with multiple
departments and leaders to provide technical support for a team of
This role will be client onsite on or after 7/1/22 in San Jose
office location based on client requirements.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine Monte Carlo simulations and develops
recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics,
or computer-generated reports. Develop or test models of alternate
designs or processing methods to assess feasibility,
sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new
applications, or necessity of modification.
- Tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or
performance of equipment, components, or systems. Analyze customer
design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to
evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of
designs or applications.
- Prepare engineering calculations following standard methods and
principles used in similar engineering analysis.
- Document new or changing models with comprehensive
- Format the results and provide recommendations to remedy system
- Organize and communicate requests for information you will need
to perform the work
- Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work
with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors
to meet these requirements.
- Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within
expected completion intervals.
- Contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they
- Create network and server rack face elevations, floor plans,
wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment
vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the
- Bachelor's degree (B.S/B.A) from four-college or university in
Electrical, Mechanical or Reliability Engineering or related
scientific discipline and 3 to 5 years' related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions
- Understanding of Data center practices (i.e. cable routing,
calculating power usage and cooling).
- Familiarity with creating As-Built drawings for Datacenter POPs
and creating the 3rd module on DC-CAD.
- Must be able to read and understand both electrical and
mechanical blocks, symbols, diagrams and schematics for voltage and
- Ability to translate Electrical and Mechanical
Single-Line-Diagrams (SLDs) into sketches of Reliability Block
- Ability to review and correct Monte Carlo simulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to consistently being on the job and
completing work on time. The ability to learn and perform tasks
without constant supervision.
- A high degree of task ownership, situational awareness, and
dedication to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in working with the Google Suite and
Microsoft Suite of products, such as sheets, docs, etc.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may
include prolonged sitting or standing
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
- Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or
movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
What can Astreya offer you?
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with a
variety of career options
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the world
as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Introduction to new ways of working and awesome
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- Focus on internal promotion and internal mobility - we love to
build teams from within
- Free 24/7 accessible Professional Development through LinkedIn
Learning and other online courses to give you opportunities to
upskill at your own pace
- Education Assistance
- Dedicated management to provide you with on point leadership
- Numerous on the job perks
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business
needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor
protected by law.
Keywords: Astreya, San Jose , Reliability Engineer - Enterprise Data Center (Colocation - North San Jose), Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!