Optics and Test Development Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Optics and Test Development EngineerUS - San Jose - W Trimble
Road Weekly Hours: 40 Who We Are:Lumileds is the leading global
light engine company serving customers in automotive lighting,
general illumination, and consumer market segments. Lumileds
operates in over 30 countries and has approximately 7,000
employees, Lumileds is shaping the future of light with the most
innovative technology in the illumination and automotive sectors,
and helping our customers deliver differentiated solutions to the
world. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with
operations in Singapore, Malaysia and the Netherlands and sales
offices throughout the world. Together with its customers, Lumileds
is making the world better, safer, more beautiful-with light. The
Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and
fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To
learn more, visit Lumileds.com. Who You Are: Manufacturing Engineer
(CG70) Position Summary:
- The primary responsibility is to take complete ownership for
New LED Tester platform.
- Development Upgrade of existing LED Testers According to the
new technology trend and business requirements.
- Candidate has to closely work with R&D Team and Marketing
team to align with new product road map.
- Understand the test challenges, and deliver trivial test
solution on time.
- Develop hardware, software and automation solution by
innovative breakthrough ideas.
- Drive and Execute projects to continuously improve Test Cost,
Test Accuracy and Test yield for high volume manufacturing
- Responsibility also includes management of vendors to
design/fabricate tools and fixtures as well as develop test
- Create decision matrix by defining all pro's con's & risks to
choose right vendor and right platform considering long term
sustainability and future products suitability.
- Prepare regular reports periodically about the status of
development projects, roadmaps and bottlenecks. What You Will Do:
- Develop new tester platforms from scratch according to emerging
LED Market Test requirements.
- Upgrade current tester platforms to enable new futures with
creative and cost effective ideas.
- Drive improvement projects for Test cost reduction, Yield
improvement, Accuracy improvement, Test time reduction, Operational
efficiency and error proof (pokayoke) solutions.
- Work with matrix Organization and render solution for special
- Drive/negotiate with vendors to meet required quality of
equipment. Prepare purchase requirement and align with vendor for
- Define calibration methods for new tester equipment's.
- Define and demonstrate controls and monitor procedure for new
- Required to Travel vendor locations and other sites of Lumileds
for tester strategy alignment.
- Arrange / attend Regular Cross site communication / conference
calls and list down action items and publish minutes of
meetings.What You Will Bring (REQUIRED Qualifications):MUST
- Bachelor/Master degree/Phd in Physics/Electronics/ Engineering
with good academic records. Optics Physics as major will be an
- 5 to 10 years of experience in ATE Development for
LED/Semiconductor testing/Optical measurement systems/Image
- Strong Technical background on electronics components,
instruments, Equipment, LED Physics and manufacturing process,
Semiconductor Test principles and Systems.
- Strong knowledge on software architecture and algorithms with
solid hands on experience on using one of the programming language
Like VB,VC++,C#, LabVIEW.
- Solid Experience on Project management, Statistical Data
analysis and Six Sigma approaches with Green belt certified.
- Ability to choose right statistic tool to analyze the
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to use creative problem
solving tools to solve complicated problems.
- Strong Management Skills to manage group of Engineers to
achieve organizational Goals and KPI without fail.
- Strong Leadership skills to motivate the team members with
clear vision and communication of SMART Target.
- Knowledge of opto-electronic components, device characteristics
and optical measurement, sensors, detector, servo motors, alignment
camera, fiber optics.
- Understanding of Test maps, binning, yield, and
- Proficiency on using Microsoft Office tools and generating
- In depth knowledge LED technology, optical measurements and
- Knowledge precious Mechanical tool design will be added
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Initiative, independent, Dedicated, Dynamic, Consistent,
Flexible and good team player.Education (Minimum Level)
- Bachelor's Field of Study
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering or Physics Years of
- 5 - 7 yearsPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience in lighting measurement and applications.
- Impressive communication skills. Lumileds is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Lumileds, San Jose , Optics and Test Development Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!