Active Directory Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are looking for an Active Directory Engineer
to work with a direct client of ours in the San Jose area. This
position will be for a 6-month contract and will require a mix of
onsite and remote work. Job Responsibilities:
- Design and support enterprise Active Directory, LDAP, and DNS
- Engineers are expected to respond to applicable Priority 1
incidents and drive resolution.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to integrate
additional applications into the existing AD/LDAP
- Partner with application owners to securely integrate AD and
LDAP-enabled applications into the environment, and provide
increased security plus user and entitlement management by
leveraging directory-related technologies.Provide engineering
leadership and oversight on architecture design, engineering and
development of information technology solutions in a multi-site,
multi domain topology.Manage the troubleshooting and resolution of
infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture,
project requirements, and customer expectations.Partner with IT
leadership on engineering and support related issues to develop
strategies related to endpoint management. Collaborates with teams
across the organization to resolve issues and drive projects.
- May manage other infrastructure engineers, contractors or
vendors on a project basis.Owns the design and implementation of
existing or new technologies.
- Provide technical guidance to support staff on the team and in
other areas.Skills and Experience Required:
- ITIL Service Operations processes
- Experience and extensive knowledge working with numerous
Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server, Active Directory and
- Microsoft PowerShell and/or VB.net, solid understanding of core
infrastructure technologies such as DNS.
- Expertise in related areas such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft
Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Skype/Lync, and Citrix
product suite, VMware ESXi, RedHat Enterprise Linux, LDAP and other
related tools are a plus.
- 3 or more years of experience in 24/7 global multi-site
environments with over 10,000 users, including experience in the
architecture, design, and implementation of new messaging and
mobility based solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving, problem management, and
root cause analysis skills.
- Well versed in Group Policy administration, and competent
regarding core infrastructure technologies such as DNS
- Expertise in related areas such as virtualization, server and
desktop operating systems, networking and other related areas are a
- This individual should excel in the design and implementation
of these solutions, as well as possessing extensive troubleshooting
skills with resolving complex issues in a large global operating
environment.Powered by JazzHR8zWOcuwrdU
Keywords: MetroSys, San Jose , Active Directory Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!