Company: Alkira, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
-Job SummaryAlkira is growing and our Engineering team is
looking for Escalation Engineers to work on - technical issues
experienced by our highest-value customers. -This is a full-time
position with great benefits in a company that rewards innovation,
respects diversity and encourages teamwork. You will be part of a
team that is excited to support technical issues experienced by our
highest-value customers that cannot be resolved through the normal
Support process. This role will work closely with customers and
internal teams to resolve any day-2 related
- Own root cause analysis for critical customer problems - be the
point of contact that works with the Engineering and Customer
- Provide support to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
that have been escalated from customer success team
- Identify bugs, test, reproduce, report and work with the
engineers to assist with a fix and test/verify fix versions
- Provide ideas and assist with creation of documentation and
training material for external and internal Support Center
- Maintain clear, concise, and positive communication for all
cases in a timely and efficient manner including follow-ups with
customers, team members, and engineers
- Learn in-depth the latest features and offering from
- Work with the internal QA team to cover any gaps in testing and
- Work with development teams to provide feedback and guidance
for new features/improvements.
- Provide escalation support during off hours - on call will be
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in technical support, design or
- Strong networking fundamentals & expert troubleshooting skills
with Routing, Tunneling & Security protocols, QoS, TCP/IP
- Prior experience with AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud networking a
- Knowledge of Python, Terraform or other scripting a plus
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture with basic
understanding of Kubernetes, REST APIs, various Databases.
- Advanced experience with Linux - checking kernel logs and
configuring networking components.
- Experience using troubleshooting tools such as IXIA, tcpdump,
Wireshark and iPerf3.
- Must have the ability to learn new features and technologies as
the industry evolves.
- Strong leadership ability in managing complex engagements - a
strong analytical mind and the ability to triage and think out of
- -Excellent communication (both oral, written, and
interpersonal) and customer service skills are a must.
- Strong passion for providing exceptional support to our
- Prior experience in large-scale network designing/deployment is
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
while maintaining a positive attitude towards customers and
- Proactively create and publish knowledge articles and internal
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Management
Information Systems or equivalent degree/experience.Location: San
Jose, CA (US or Canada)
Keywords: Alkira, Inc., San Jose , Escalation Engineer, Engineering , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!